The Student Room Group

Birmingham or Bristol LLB?

I am about to make my firm choice between Birmingham and Bristol for law. Which is better in terms of reputation (both domestic and international) and career prospects, as well as general quality?
Reply 1
Original post by Winstonsboss
I am about to make my firm choice between Birmingham and Bristol for law. Which is better in terms of reputation (both domestic and international) and career prospects, as well as general quality?

Bristol for all of your criteria. lovely city as well
Original post by Winstonsboss

I would go for Bristol, but Birmingham is equally reputable. The difference in the quality and reputation is minimal.
Original post by TSRFT8
Its crazy how people still put Birmingham on a pedestal for Law. Birmingham is probably the worst RG uni for law along with Liverpool. In terms of employablity ask any chamber/firm in the Midlands and they will tell you they would take Warwick and Nottingham over Bham any day.

I was always under the impression that Birmingham was pretty reputable, albeit not as good with the likes of Nottingham and Warwick.
got to be bristol
Reply 5
Original post by TSRFT8
Those are the ones in the Midlands was the comparison that hard to understand? You can compare with LSE, Oxbridge, KCL, UCL, Sheffield and the answer will be the same. Infact apart from Liverpool, Birmingham does not compare to any others in England. So yes it does.

It WAS. However a few years ago it lowered its standards, people were accepted with BBC, BCC through clearing, LNAT was a pointless requirement people who got 10 were accepted this year. It basically ruined itself and as compared to universities i mentioned above it does not compare. It used to be compared to Sheffield, Nottingham, Bristol now those universities are a step ahead.

Sheffield a step ahead? Don't make me laugh please...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by TSRFT8
Those are the ones in the Midlands was the comparison that hard to understand? You can compare with LSE, Oxbridge, KCL, UCL, Sheffield and the answer will be the same. Infact apart from Liverpool, Birmingham does not compare to any others in England. So yes it does.

It WAS. However a few years ago it lowered its standards, people were accepted with BBC, BCC through clearing, LNAT was a pointless requirement people who got 10 were accepted this year. It basically ruined itself and as compared to universities i mentioned above it does not compare. It used to be compared to Sheffield, Nottingham, Bristol now those universities are a step ahead.

Seriously no one would place sheffield in comparison with Oxbridge, LSE, and UCL. Its even dubious whether anyone would compare sheffield with nottingham or bristol.
Reply 7
Original post by TSRFT8
You definitely go to Birmingham.

The certainty of people on this website never ceases to amaze me.

What about you though? Is it Sheffield?
Reply 8
Original post by TSRFT8
So i was right? No, i have LSE as my firm, Durham as back-up.

No.

So, your firm and insurance have the same entry requirements. Interesting :colonhash:
Reply 9
Original post by *Stefan*
No.

So, your firm and insurance have the same entry requirements. Interesting :colonhash:

hahaha:biggrin:. I also find it unlikely he firmed LSE, given he asked whether to bring a car to uni
Original post by TSRFT8
Wait, so me asking about bringing a car to uni = i am not going to LSE, i see.

Whats the problem in that?

haha well Its not impossible but as I said It'd be a very surprising choice, given the limited use a car would have in central london.
Original post by guest115
haha well Its not impossible but as I said It'd be a very surprising choice, given the limited use a car would have in central london.

Why do you keep putting "haha" it wasnt a joke.. And well i have a car so why would i NOT use it? Im from Knightsbridge so i would much prefer driving back and forth then getting a tube and having to get someone to pick me up from the station.

Your logic is absurd and just weird.
Reply 12
Original post by TSRFT8
Wait, so me asking about bringing a car to uni = i am not going to LSE, i see.

Whats the problem in that?

Sure sure...
Reply 13
Bristol
Deffo Bristol.
Come hereeeeee

Feel free to ask me lengthy Qs in PM if you prefer.
Also our library is way superior, didn't like Birmingham tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending