The Student Room Group

I can't be arsed anymore.

Anyone else struggling to keep up motivation? I feel like I'm legitimately doing this for everyone else, not for me. I couldn't care less. There's always other options. Idk I feel lost, any tips for getting back on it? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

I get you. I am not at all motivated to study, and now I worked out the only unit I don't need to know from the whole 2 year A-level course is PSYA1. Otherwise I need to know everything for Sociology and Biology. Kmn
Original post by Tinemither
I get you. I am not at all motivated to study, and now I worked out the only unit I don't need to know from the whole 2 year A-level course is PSYA1. Otherwise I need to know everything for Sociology and Biology. Kmn

****ing sucks tbh, 13 years in education, nice to know the govt value our wellbeing and mental health -_-
Literally everyone I know is 100% done with a levels. Everyone just wants out of sixth form/college now
Im done tbh & can't wait to get out:/
I know so many people who feel like this. Try to remind yourself every day of what you do enjoy, stick it out for a few more months and then it will be summer.
Don't think about other people, think about the freedom of choice you will have if you do well.
If other people want you to get the grades so you can go to a good uni, then fine, but do it so you have more choice next year and have lots of options to choose from :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also struggled A LOT with trying to motivate myself during A Levels. A lot of stuff happened while I was in college which led to me becoming depressed, which obviously didn't help. In the end, I really did just have to force myself to get the work done. I also made a revision timetable, which helped me to see how much I had left to do and keep track of what I'd achieved.

I hope everything works out well for you :smile:
Original post by PalindromeGirl
Anyone else struggling to keep up motivation? I feel like I'm legitimately doing this for everyone else, not for me. I couldn't care less. There's always other options. Idk I feel lost, any tips for getting back on it? :frown:

First of all let me tell you something important:

YOU CAN DO IT, YOU WILL GET TOP GRADES, YOU WILL BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE ON RESULTS DAY WITH A BIG SMILE ON YOUR FACE, want to know why?
Because you are capable of doing great things in life, it's not that im just saying that to make happy you need to understand that you have the ability of doing great things!
If you're not feeling motivated you have to find a way that helps you get that fire in your belly to do well, things i use are:
- Music
- Anime (that are very motivating)
- Food (bc it makes me feel relaxed afterwards ^_^ )

But seriously you have 4-5 weeks don't slack off now, we need to get those grades whatever it takes it's now or never. You need to realise the gravity of the situation of how important these exams are!
NOW GO, FLY MY CHILD, INTO INFINITY AND BEYOND!
There's always other options.

The other options are **** though!

GET TO WORK!
Original post by AlohaCharlotte
Literally everyone I know is 100% done with a levels. Everyone just wants out of sixth form/college now

Meanwhile, I'm over here waiting to do a levels next year
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
First of all let me tell you something important:

YOU CAN DO IT, YOU WILL GET TOP GRADES, YOU WILL BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE ON RESULTS DAY WITH A BIG SMILE ON YOUR FACE, want to know why?
Because you are capable of doing great things in life, it's not that im just saying that to make happy you need to understand that you have the ability of doing great things!
If you're not feeling motivated you have to find a way that helps you get that fire in your belly to do well, things i use are:
- Music
- Anime (that are very motivating)
- Food (bc it makes me feel relaxed afterwards ^_^ )

But seriously you have 4-5 weeks don't slack off now, we need to get those grades whatever it takes it's now or never. You need to realise the gravity of the situation of how important these exams are!
NOW GO, FLY MY CHILD, INTO INFINITY AND BEYOND!

THANKS EVERYONE. Just to say I'm not a lazy arse tbh, I am tryna do this having missed over a month of school and losing my mum. Just lots of pressure on me to get back on it
****ing sucks tbh, 13 years in education, nice to know the govt value our wellbeing and mental health -_-

Such a welcoming goodbye from the mainstream, compulsory education system. May as well stuck a middle finger up and told us 'Fu.ck you. You are going to be at the forefront of all of the sh.it facing education today, as you are our ginuea pigs. We will just profit off of your success or failure, anyway!'
Reply 12
Original post by Tinemither
Such a welcoming goodbye from the mainstream, compulsory education system. May as well stuck a middle finger up and told us 'Fu.ck you. You are going to be at the forefront of all of the sh.it facing education today, as you are our ginuea pigs. We will just profit off of your success or failure, anyway!'

fr anyone on these new a levels is a guinea pig, anyone who chooses a levels is at a disadvantage as they have to either go through the next hoop (uni) or work low level jobs (ie retail assistant... starbucks). Apprenticships and and vocational courses are the way forward i swear it's guaranteed work with opportunities
Reply 13
Original post by j_dot
fr anyone on these new a levels is a guinea pig, anyone who chooses a levels is at a disadvantage as they have to either go through the next hoop (uni) or work low level jobs (ie retail assistant... starbucks). Apprenticships and and vocational courses are the way forward i swear it's guaranteed work with opportunities

You just keep telling yourself that m8...
THANKS EVERYONE. Just to say I'm not a lazy arse tbh, I am tryna do this having missed over a month of school and losing my mum. Just lots of pressure on me to get back on it

So sorry to hear that :frown: you can do it! Think of how it'll feel to report back here in August!
Original post by zXcodeXz
Meanwhile, I'm over here waiting to do a levels next year

I was this time last year. *September, i was till motivated. By october i was just like, screw this. *Now im quite stressed cos i have got exams in about a months time and i do not feel ready. *But im also at the stage where i just want out. *One thing: choose a levels you really really really like.
Original post by justbeu
I was this time last year. *September, i was till motivated. By october i was just like, screw this. *Now im quite stressed cos i have got exams in about a months time and i do not feel ready. *But im also at the stage where i just want out. *One thing: choose a levels you really really really like.

Yeah I really love what I'm going to do! What a levels are you doing?
Original post by zXcodeXz
Yeah I really love what I'm going to do! What a levels are you doing?

Business, accounts, maths and english language. What bout u??
Original post by justbeu
Business, accounts, maths and english language. What bout u??

Nice. Triple science and maths
I'm really struggling to keep up motivation too. Even those arguments that used to motivate me before no longer have any effect. I'm hoping its because I've covered most of the stuff and so there isn't much left to do, rather than falling at the final hurdle.

Quick Reply

Latest