The Student Room Group

Can we have a ban on muslim threads?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by darkvibes
Yes the conversation has been done multiple times and we have established that Islam is oppressive, violent etc etc and people have grown tired of arguing back. There's no point repeating it again and again as it is meaningless and is going to upset muslims

I really don't care if it upsets muslims or anyone, if they are upset by truth then they should do something to stop it and stop defending it
Original post by AperfectBalance
I really don't care if it upsets muslims or anyone, if they are upset by truth then they should do something to stop it and stop defending it

You missed my main point. Its meaningless
I agree, all these idiots do is say the same thing, along the lines of 'islam is an oppressive and backward ideology' and quoting of the Qu'ran. When it is so repeated, one can only conclude they have hatred for the religion. It's ridiculous because arguing about it is so pointless when no one is bothered to argue back properly at these morons.

Most of these idiots adopt a sarcastic and patronising tone, which means arguing with them is like arguing against a wall. They're not prepared to accept a counter argument or just mock them

Perhaps because there's a lack of counter-arguments?
This just makes it non-applicable.
Original post by XcitingStuart
Perhaps because there's a lack of counter-arguments?
This just makes it non-applicable.

There is but it is often mocked, insulted or dismissed even if it is valid and people get tired of arguing
Yeah and while you're at it let's ban democracy and freedom of speech!

:mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:
Original post by Badman Pingu
Besides, that isnt a suitable response for my statement you thick meaningless cnt

Stating an opinion doesn't necessarily mean it's fact. Try again.
I'd also like to ban religion as a whole but just like this it's not going to happen
Original post by StrawbAri
I'd also like to ban religion as a whole but just like this it's not going to happen

Why would you ban religion as a whole ?
Reply 88
So... we're going to build a wall around muslim threads?

Who is going to pay for it? :eek:
Can we have a ban on people who want to ban muslim threads?
Original post by LPK
So... we're going to build a wall around muslim threads?

Who is going to pay for it? :eek:

The Mexicans, obviously. It can be slipped in to their large wall-building budget.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4018915

Threads like this what i am talking about.
Where yiu can so freely post lies and no one batters an eyelid.
And whats worse people think its true
Reply 92
I think it is obvious that the islamophobes here cannot accept that muslims dont religiously preach the violence in Islam and dont believe in violence, even if they follow an ideology that does. So what exactly is necessary for discussion?
Apart from the ones who explicitly condone stoning adulterers, killing apostates, slavery, domestic violence.

And, if you believe in and support an ideology that promotes violence, then you are complicit in any violence that does arise from the ideology.
Reply 93
The problem is these bigots say it isn't islamophobic even though it is

Original post by Wired_1800
Yes, it is. Sadly people will believe anything, even if the truth hits them on the head with a shovel.
Is criticising or condemning an ideology that promotes slavery, sex with slaves, domestic violence, gender discrimination, religious oppression and the killing of innocent people, "Islamophobic"?

If it is, can you explain why you see Islamophobia as a bad thing?

Thanks.
Reply 94
It's a shame that such comparison can even be made in the modern world we live in today.
It is indeed.
To even consider comparing the treatment of Jews in the 30s to the treatment of Muslims in Britain today is one of the most crass, ignorant and unsupportable statements I have seen on here (And let me tell you, I've seen some belters!), and displays a lack of understanding of the issues that is truly breathtaking.
Reply 95
I think the solution is to ignore trolls and have constructive debates with serious posters. Some posters want to learn and grow, while some other people are just there to spoil the party.
You mean, "only debate with people who agree with you"?
That's what happens already. Most Muslim apologists on TSR cannot construct a rational argument in defence of the unacceptable elements of Islamic ideology. That's why they all retreat to the safe space of ISOC, where the constant plattitudes and misrepresentations can go unchallenged.

A very intellectually healthy situation, I'm sure you will agree.
Reply 96
True, but you have to persevere. Hopefully, you find one person who will be willing to constructively debate rather than act foolish. All we need is to change one person's mind.
Try me.
You'll get no insults or fallacies, and only authoritative scriptural references will be used.
You can even pick the subject.
I am also sick of all the Muslim and Feminist threads and it's usually the same thing. Even when they start out as a good debate (and they don't always), these threads get hijacked by ignorant posters stereotyping and bashing people from either groups and erupts into bitter arguing and name-calling (I have fallen into that trap a few times myself).

Nevertheless they shouldn't be banned, as annoying as they are. I have only reported 2 of them since I started posting here again and those reports were completely justified.
Reply 98
Original post by dozyrosie
Where are all these muslim bashing posts, I have not seen them, point them out.
Pointing out that Islamic ideology condones things like slavery and domestic violence is "Muslim bashing".
Pointing out that Islam is not entirely peaceful is "Muslim bashing".
Pointing out the obvious connection between "Islamism" and "Islam" is "Muslim bashing".
This post is "Muslim bashing".
Reply 99
Original post by Good bloke
Are you trying to say that spurious claims should remain unchallenged?
Surely, that's the whole point of their argument!

Quick Reply

Latest