The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jenhasdreams
It's a tricky balance because a lot of users want to search for usernames, though. "Arsey" is our most popular search term at exam time :smile:

Does this mean if I want to search my posts I'll have to trawl through a bunch of maths and physics threads with pq in formulae?

(Haven't had a chance to try new search yet - I've been too busy clicking "not interested " in clearing mailings every 5 minutes).
Original post by PQ
Does this mean if I want to search my posts I'll have to trawl through a bunch of maths and physics threads with pq in formulae?

(Haven't had a chance to try new search yet - I've been too busy clicking "not interested " in clearing mailings every 5 minutes).

Oh. Erm. Yes. That's not meant to happen. Is this on mobile? That'd make sense, in an oh-bugger-I'll-fix-that-first-thing kind of way.
Original post by longsight
Oh. Erm. Yes. That's not meant to happen. Is this on mobile? That'd make sense, in an oh-bugger-I'll-fix-that-first-thing kind of way.

The whole 'not interested' thing is happening to me, too. Using Safari 9.0.1 with Ghostery… :dontknow:
Same question - mobile?
Original post by iEthan
The whole 'not interested' thing is happening to me, too. Using Safari 9.0.1 with Ghostery… :dontknow:
Same question - mobile?

Nope, using my Mac.
Same question - mobile?

I had 2/3 pop ups on my pc (chrome on windows 7) then another 2/3 on safari on my phone.

Seems to have died down now. One of the pc ones was IN the post report pop up :s-smilie:
Original post by PQ
I had 2/3 pop ups on my pc (chrome on windows 7) then another 2/3 on safari on my phone.

Seems to have died down now. One of the pc ones was IN the post report pop up :s-smilie:

Yeah, I can sort of understand why it'd be happening on mobile, and it needs fixing. It definitely shouldn't be happening on PC. Investigating!

Anyway. Search. Neat huh?
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
I like the way you made it beta to appeal to the audience here.

:rofl:
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
I like the way you made it beta to appeal to the audience here.

Original post by PQ

Right, these issues should be fixed now. PM me if they persist!
Reply 30
Can I order the finds by date still? (I couldn't see how.) Or would I have to do this with advanced search now?
I searched for 'Egyptology' and literally nothing came up apart from stuff that had 'Egypt' in the title?
Original post by Edminzodo
I searched for 'Egyptology' and literally nothing came up apart from stuff that had 'Egypt' in the title?

It takes a more Google-like approach to search terms - so if you want to search for a quite specific term that contains a more generic one, use quotes:

Screenshot_20160416-233037.png
It takes a more Google-like approach to search terms - so if you want to search for a quite specific term that contains a more generic one, use quotes:

Screenshot_20160416-233037.png

Ah! Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
@longsight - not sure if this would be easy to implement at all, but what would be really cool, is for when the beta is released properly perhaps, when you click in the search box, it comes up with either your top 5 searches, or your latest 5 searches??

(Not sure if you're the right person to ask/direct this to, but as you've replied about the search earlier, thought you'd be a good start!)
Somehow both more exasperating and less functional than the relic it replaced: I suppose that can be counted an achievement, if not exactly a useful one.
Please can I have the old search back. Not having results sorted chronologically makes it unusable.

Gavin
Reply 37
the advanced search was better and easier to use. the design on the new search is better though...
Original post by Captain Jack

Feel free to discuss it further below, but please first complete the survey.

Search is showing "hidden" PMs.

E.g. Search for "community assistant" is showing results from the "Ask a PS Help Mod" forum.

And whilst I can't access the full post, I can see the two line snippit in the search results.

Shouldn't be happening. Other private forums may suffer the same exposure.
It seems like the new search has been made live despite the issues raised in this thread.

That isn't how beta testing works. You're supposed to fix the problems before making things live.

Latest

Trending

Trending