The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] OCR MEI AS Mathematics 2016 (C1, C2 & S1)

Since I did not see any other thread for this exam, I created this. Just for general pre and post exam discussion!

Countdown timer until C2 exam (Refresh page to update timer):

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm really struggling with finding material to revise for MEI because its clearly not a popular choice for AS maths but I was wondering if you had any ideas...?

Thanks,
Han x
Reply 2
Original post by hanward98
Hi I'm really struggling with finding material to revise for MEI because its clearly not a popular choice for AS maths but I was wondering if you had any ideas...?

Thanks,
Han x

The Solomon press papers are great, http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/maths-revision/ , also the CGP/hodder revision guides are great, Solomon press has more papers that are topic based so go for them. Our maths teacher hasn't touched the textbook in class, she gives us MEI and Solomon worksheets and says the book is a resource for our practice because she thinks there also isn't much for MEI. Also do the past papers (obviously) and practice papers which tend to be MUCH harder than actual papers but they'll make you confident
Original post by hanward98

Thanks,
Han x

Hi, I found this for S1, it was pretty helpful for me. :smile:
Reply 4
Solve this quadratic equation guysss 2x^2+4x= 16
Original post by Bybella
Solve this quadratic equation guysss 2x^2+4x= 16

You have to use the quadratic formula:
Reply 6
Original post by IGCSEKid

Okay i know that but i dont know how to
Original post by Bybella
Okay i know that but i dont know how to

See attached..
30 days before c1 exam!
3 weeks remaining before the exams commence :nooo:
20 days before C1 exam. Going into teen figures tomorrow! :headfire::mwuaha:
is anyone else crapping it for C2
Original post by ABeingOnEarth

Nah bro.
2x^2 + 4x = 16
2x^2 + 4x - 16 = 0
(2x+8)(x - 2) = 0
x = -4 and 2
Original post by greys-anatomy
is anyone else crapping it for C2

Some of the questions are hard but I still get A's in my past papers.
If someone can have a look at these S1 questions that would be sweet
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4066325
Hello I've moved this thread to maths exams, and I've added it to the exam directory too. Apologies this wasn't done earlier - I have only just seen this thread now.
Original post by rayquaza17
Hello I've moved this thread to maths exams, and I've added it to the exam directory too. Apologies this wasn't done earlier - I have only just seen this thread now.

Thanks ma man
Original post by rayquaza17

You've put it under non-MEI?
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
You've put it under non-MEI?

Fixed, thanks!
how many sig figs are you supposed to round to in S1? Mark scheme uses from 2 to 5 it seems random...
also would you get marked down for using too many?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending