The Student Room Group

Is this a problem

I have had severe stomach aches and headaches ever since i have been drinking pepsi and milk. Please no comments about how i should stop because i cant.
Thanks xxxx
Well of course it is if it's giving you stomach aches and headaches.
Original post by Anonymous
I have had severe stomach aches and headaches ever since i have been drinking pepsi and milk. Please no comments about how i should stop because i cant.
Thanks xxxx

Not too sure what you expect us to say? See your GP to check there's nothing else going on but you really need to stop drinking them if it's giving you a problem! There's loads of milk alternatives out there and pepsi I'm sure you can find something to replace it with too, or just try and cut down on it a bit- I'd imagine it's the caffeine you're struggling with and possibly the acid, and lactose intolerance with the milk maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks xxxx

I wonder if you mix it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
If it lasts for more than a day, yeah go see your GP...
Thanks xxxx

Headaches are usually associated with caffeine, stomach aches with lactose intolerance. Any sort of pain is the body's natural warning sign that something is wrong. The only thing I can suggest is that you eliminate these from your diet and see if the stomach problems and headaches resolve. Sorry that this isn't the answer you were looking for, but elimination is often the best way (non-invasive, no tests) to tell if you are having some sort of food reaction.
You may be lactose intolerant and that might explain the milk and stomach problems. As for the pepsi, not sure as above could be the caffeine, but it could also be the high sugar content. If it's causing you problems there is no sense drinking it.

As for "don't tell me to stop because I can't" don't be ridiculous, you can stop drinking those things you are choosing to continue to drink them. What is it exactly you want us to tell you? That you should totally continue drinking them even if they cause problems? That would be silly.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks xxxx

that's just like asking how you should lose weight when you say you can't stop eating.
Reply 8
your stomach ache is probably 'strapped wind' which is literally the reason I hate fizzy drinks. It can be really painful, and seem hard to get rid of

Spoiler

but hey I'm no medical expert or whatever, and it could be something else
Reply 9
Original post by thefatone
that's just like asking how you should lose weight when you say you can't stop eating.

If he stops drinking pepsi, he will die.
Original post by BWV1007
If he stops drinking pepsi, he will die.

then live with pain or die :/
Original post by thefatone
then live with pain or die :/

Hath thou no sympathy for Pepsi drinkers? :angry:
Original post by BWV1007
Hath thou no sympathy for Pepsi drinkers? :angry:

no

coke masterrace

Quick Reply