The Student Room Group

Not much contact left should I leave it ?

Ive been talking to this girl at work and I like her, we've been talking a bit though mainly due to shift patterns. But its going well, at least I think it is. Now she is having her shift reduced due to uni and im full time.

Now im sort of trapped im at the point where, I should talk to her more to get somewhere with her but I dont get the chance. She's not on social media or anything and now I wont see her as much.

The only hope is to get her number but that may be in like a week or two and by then the 'crush feeling' wears off.

Is there any point to it ?
Original post by Anonymous
Ive been talking to this girl at work and I like her, we've been talking a bit though mainly due to shift patterns. But its going well, at least I think it is. Now she is having her shift reduced due to uni and im full time.

Now im sort of trapped im at the point where, I should talk to her more to get somewhere with her but I dont get the chance. She's not on social media or anything and now I wont see her as much.

The only hope is to get her number but that may be in like a week or two and by then the 'crush feeling' wears off.

Is there any point to it ?

I have been in this position i really felt a connection with a woman however she is a FY1 doctor but this woman would always pop by the office and try to talk to me and be friendly. She was due to leave 2 days later to work at another trust as part of her training. I added her on fb and she accepted and spoke to her in person and asked her to pop by for a coffee she said she will (but she didn't) however i don't ever see her now and because we didn't get a chance to develop this connection my feelings isn't strong anymore.
Plus she never initiates or carries on the conversation on fb plus i think she has a boyfriend too which confused me as she would always try to talk to me or smiles at me alot.

Think you should try to get her number atleast you both still work in the same place and do know one another and try to get to know her, you don't have to talk on shift.
Reply 2

Think you should try to get her number atleast you both still work in the same place and do know one another and try to get to know her, you don't have to talk on shift.

If I cant talk to her on shift how else can I talk to her ? We only see each other on shift. Like I said she's not on FB or any other social media.
If I cant talk to her on shift how else can I talk to her ? We only see each other on shift. Like I said she's not on FB or any other social media.

Rather than asking for her number, ask something like "Do you want to do something outside of work sometime?" That means it allows you to get to know her without spilling the beans quite so much and she can give you her number if she wants to. You can gauge by her reaction what step(s) to take next.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending