The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Low Satisfaction Rate

Hello,
I know rankings don't really matter much but I've noticed that the student satisfaction rate for University of Bristol,( specifically for Physiological sciences) is a bit low. Is this something to worry about?
Thank you :smile: x
Reply 1
I hate these ranking so much lol.
Ignore them.

I'm quoting in my own and ReturnMigrant's posts on this subject:

Original post by returnmigrant
Student Satisfaction surveys are a load of nonsense and certainly not worth taking seriously when you are deciding on a Uni.

By definition the data is already out of date - these are people who graduated last June, therefore they started the course at least 4 years before you will. The course, the tutors and the dept have all changed - what they were grumbling about then will now be irrelevant. Many students tend to use SS surveys as an opportunity to whinge about daft stuff like Dr X being on maternity leave for 6 months or the fact that the coffee machine was moved to the basement, and not anything that actually matters.

Both Economics and Politics are BIG at Bristol. The Priory Road building is modern, bright and airy, and has great facilities. Come to Bristol - you'll love it.

Take those things with a pinch of salt.
For example, I just checked and that data is only from 15 students. If you consider the fact that people who may take the survey will often be those with gripes, lower scores in some cases makes sense.

(Bath for example had a much higher 80 and 115 respondents)

The main issue I note was feedback - I can't say for certain, but the uni have been working on improving feedback by returning scripts etc (I'm not sure which depts have had this rolled out, or when though)

(and using Bath again, there were similar scores, if not lower)

Also, comparing the two again, I question how they calculated the overall %.....
If you look again, Bath actually has a lower average score from the individual things (63.5%) and Bristol comes out higher (73%)
Therefore, I haven't a clue how they manipulated those overall course scores... seems totally incorrect and misleading to me.

^my above quote was for econ/pol course. Had a look at the one you mentioned, and again only 25 respondents, likely from years ago.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by idka
Hello,
I know rankings don't really matter much but I've noticed that the student satisfaction rate for University of Bristol,( specifically for Physiological sciences) is a bit low. Is this something to worry about?
Thank you :smile: x

Original post by Inazuma
I hate these ranking so much lol.
Ignore them.

I'm quoting in my own and ReturnMigrant's posts on this subject:
^my above quote was for econ/pol course. Had a look at the one you mentioned, and again only 25 respondents, likely from years ago.

Yep
https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subjects/satisfaction/10007786FT-7PYSI002UU-201415/ReturnTo/
68% from 25 students...

Total intake is approx 44 per year.
Reply 3
Original post by jneill
Yep
https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subjects/satisfaction/10007786FT-7PYSI002UU-201415/ReturnTo/
68% from 25 students...

Total intake is approx 44 per year.

That makes a lot of sense! Thanks for your reply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending