The Student Room Group

Adjustment Help

Hello

I am currently doing a BTEC Diploma, and applied to university through UCAS. I think UCAS get my results but what if they dont? Then how does Adjustment work?

Secondly i get my results in middle/late July and was wondering if i will have 5 days from that or 5 days from when I choose?

Basically im asking this as i did not really apply to that great of universities (Im from Scotland) so my best was Edinburgh and a few in the UK (which tbh are ****).

I am now looking very likely to get D*D*D* and was hoping to apply to better universities? So does anyone know if i have a chance of getting in at places like Durham? For law through adjustment and if not what sort of universities are realistic?
Original post by CBeave
Hello

I am currently doing a BTEC Diploma, and applied to university through UCAS. I think UCAS get my results but what if they dont? Then how does Adjustment work?

Secondly i get my results in middle/late July and was wondering if i will have 5 days from that or 5 days from when I choose?

Basically im asking this as i did not really apply to that great of universities (Im from Scotland) so my best was Edinburgh and a few in the UK (which tbh are ****).

I am now looking very likely to get D*D*D* and was hoping to apply to better universities? So does anyone know if i have a chance of getting in at places like Durham? For law through adjustment and if not what sort of universities are realistic?

Adjustment doesnt open until A level results day but clearing will be open in july. Durham has a rep for messing people about in clearing so be careful. As you'll get your results in july if you dont want to go to your firm that gives you plenty of time to get released into clearing and do some research before more clearing places open up on a level results day.
Original post by CBeave
x

Hiya! :hello:

Just moved this over to Applications and UCAS (thnx @claireestelle) in the hope you get some more replies!

All the best with everything :yep:
Ethan
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Adjustment doesnt open until A level results day but clearing will be open in july. Durham has a rep for messing people about in clearing so be careful. As you'll get your results in july if you dont want to go to your firm that gives you plenty of time to get released into clearing and do some research before more clearing places open up on a level results day.

Oh right i see, so even if i get my results before hand i will have to wait till the 18th to then apply for adjustment? And well i wanted that but my head of sixth form said no as Clearing is alot more risky than adjustment and i could risk not finding any university and then being rejected from my firm aswell? Is that true?

Original post by iEthan
Hiya! :hello:

Just moved this over to Applications and UCAS (thnx @claireestelle) in the hope you get some more replies!

All the best with everything :yep:
Ethan

Im sorry, i wasnt sure where to post this. Thankyou :smile:
Original post by CBeave
Im sorry, i wasnt sure where to post this. Thankyou :smile:

No need to apologise! Claire's awesome, she'll be able to help you :yep:
Original post by CBeave
Oh right i see, so even if i get my results before hand i will have to wait till the 18th to then apply for adjustment? And well i wanted that but my head of sixth form said no as Clearing is alot more risky than adjustment and i could risk not finding any university and then being rejected from my firm aswell? Is that true?

Yes i m afraid its not till the 18th. Yes adjustment is risk free but it depends how badly you want to change university. Would you be 100% happy going to your firm choice if you couldnt find somewhere in adjustment?
Original post by iEthan
No need to apologise! Claire's awesome, she'll be able to help you :yep:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by claireestelle
Yes i m afraid its not till the 18th. Yes adjustment is risk free but it depends how badly you want to change university. Would you be 100% happy going to your firm choice if you couldnt find somewhere in adjustment?

I would only want to change if i could go one better, im not sure why but i just feel that i wont be satisfied. However if i was to be rejected by all the unis on adjustment i know i will have tried and i was not good enough and that my firm is what i deserve (in a way). I would definately want to try, would you be able to explain - If Ucas get my grades say on 18th July (random date) then i get a Unconditional from my firm say on the 20th would i not be allowed to take part in adjustment? Its easy to understand for A-level students however for anyone else the guide is pretty bad :frown: Also i really appreciate your help thank you so much :smile:
Original post by CBeave
I would only want to change if i could go one better, im not sure why but i just feel that i wont be satisfied. However if i was to be rejected by all the unis on adjustment i know i will have tried and i was not good enough and that my firm is what i deserve (in a way). I would definately want to try, would you be able to explain - If Ucas get my grades say on 18th July (random date) then i get a Unconditional from my firm say on the 20th would i not be allowed to take part in adjustment? Its easy to understand for A-level students however for anyone else the guide is pretty bad :frown: Also i really appreciate your help thank you so much :smile:

You're right the guide is pretty bad in that respect. I haven't actually come across a Btec student having used adjustment before in my time on TSR. What is it you want to study?

Edit: It's actually whichever is the later according to ucas's website "You only have five 24 hour periods (including weekends) within this time to use it, starting from when your conditional firm (CF) offer changes to unconditional firm (UF), or on A level publication day whichever is the later". Found here https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/adjustment-%E2%80%93-if-you%E2%80%99ve-done-better-expected .

So assuming my interpretation is correct, yes you can use adjustment. In which case do some research as to where you meet the requirements once you get your results and get hold of their admission numbers and get ready to make some calls nice and early on a level results day.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending