The Student Room Group

The Arab Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vintroxmintroxvt
x

[video="youtube;hX-QaaUMcBI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX-QaaUMcBI&nohtml5=False[/video]

Where is the song?! The golden oldie!!
Original post by vintroxmintroxvt
I wish someone would round up all of you evil primitive savages and gas you to death in gas chambers.
SMELLY SAND N*GGERS*.

Im sorry ur living such a miserable life but it does not make it alright to take out ur anger on anyone. I dont know what tf is ur problem ..ppl like u disgust me. ..!!! Calling us evil??.hahaha ha all we need is typical hypocrites like u...ur evil thoughts aint gonna get u anywhere hun...i really wonder how u manage with a disgusting mouth like that...i really wish ur mum spoon fed some manners when she had to wipe ur ass too....
My advice is if ur having problems in life as i can see its miserable already. .talk to a psychiatrist and maybe u might get treated. ..i can see ur mentally ill and have alot of hatred in u so honey if u do find it hard to be nice and talk to ppl nicely ...just shut ur mf mouth and dont speak at all OK? ? No one asked what ur opinion towards us is and no one clearly invited u to this thread..so i suggest u take u nd ur filthy mouth out of this thread becuz this thread aint for ppl who dont know simple rules in life which one of them is TO HAVE SOME SELF RESPECT. ....☺...
Original post by elforjg02
Im sorry ur living such a miserable life but it does not make it alright to take out ur anger on anyone. I dont know what tf is ur problem ..ppl like u disgust me. ..!!! Calling us evil??.hahaha ha all we need is typical hypocrites like u...ur evil thoughts aint gonna get u anywhere hun...i really wonder how u manage with a disgusting mouth like that...i really wish ur mum spoon fed some manners when she had to wipe ur ass too....
My advice is if ur having problems in life as i can see its miserable already. .talk to a psychiatrist and maybe u might get treated. ..i can see ur mentally ill and have alot of hatred in u so honey if u do find it hard to be nice and talk to ppl nicely ...just shut ur mf mouth and dont speak at all OK? ? No one asked what ur opinion towards us is and no one clearly invited u to this thread..so i suggest u take u nd ur filthy mouth out of this thread becuz this thread aint for ppl who dont know simple rules in life which one of them is TO HAVE SOME SELF RESPECT. ....☺...

He's a well known troll on here and is usually banned within minutes.
Has/does anyone here live in an Arab country? :biggrin: If so where?
Original post by cosmic angel

lol i have for a bit tho..I was really young couldn't remember much ...(Libya):biggrin: u ?
Original post by elforjg02
lol i have for a bit tho..I was really young couldn't remember much ...(Libya):biggrin: u ?

Cool :h: I've lived in the united arab emirates for a large part of my life, life was pretty good back there :sogood: but I am still grateful to be living in the uk. :h:
Reply 406
Original post by Habina786xx
Neither do I. I don't take pride.
So i class myself as an arab.
And one day I'll marry an Arab and live in saudi Arabia! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But why would you be someone your not i dont get it?
I just found out about this thread through the Arab soc group. Marhaba everyone!

Can we share some of our favourite Arabic literature and quotes?

---

Al-Tayeb Salih's Caravan of Life (from Season of Migration):

"The world goes on whether we choose for it to do so or in defiance of us. And I, like millions of mankind, walk and move, generally by force of habit, in a long caravan that ascends and descends, encamps, and then proceeds on its way. Life in this caravan is not altogether bad. You no doubt are aware of this. The going may be hard by day, the wilderness sweeping out before us like shoreless seas; we pour with sweat, our throats are parched with thirst, and we reach the frontier beyond which we think we cannot go. Then the sun sets, the air grows cool, and millions of stars twinkle in the sky. We eat and drink and the singer of the caravan breaks into song. Some of us pray in a group behind the Sheikh, others form ourselves into circles to dance and sing and clap. Above us the sky is warm and compassionate. Sometimes we travel by night for as long as we have mind do, and when the white thread is distinguished from the black we say, 'When dawn breaks the travellers are thankful that they have journeyed by night.' If occasionally we are decieved by a mirage, and if our heads, feverish from the action of heat and thirst, sometimes bubble with ideas devoid of any basis of validity, no harm is done. The spectrers of night dissolve with the dawn, the fever of day is cooled by the night breeze. Is there any alternative?"

الدنيا تسير ، باختيارنا أو رغم أنوفنا . وأنا كملايين البشر ، أسير ، أتحرك بحكم العادة في الغالب ، في قافلة طويلة ، تصعد وتنزل ، تحط وترحل . والحياة في هذه القافلة ليست كلها شراً . أنتم ولا شك تدركون ذلك . قد يكون السير شاقاً بالنهار ، البوادي تترامى أمامنا كبحور ليس لها ساحل . نتصبب عراً . وتجف حلوقنا من الظمأ . ونبلغ الحد الذي نظن أن ليس بعده متقدم . ثم تغيب الشمس . ويبرد الهواء . وتتألق ملايين النجوم في السماء . نطعم ونشرب حينئذ ، ويغني مغني الركب . بعضنا يصلي جماعة وراء الشيخ ، وبعضنا يتحلق حلقات يرقصون ويغنون ويصفقون . وفوقنا سماء دافئة رخيمة . وأحياناً نسري بالليل ما طاب لنا السري ، وحين يبين الخيط الأبيض من الخيط الأسود نقول : (( عند انبلاج الصبح يحمد القوم السري )) . وإذا كان السراب أحياناً يخدعنا ، وإذا كانت رسومنا المحمومة بفعل الحر والعطش تغرر أحياناً بأفكار لا أساس لها من الصحة فلا جرم . أشباح الليل تتبخر مع الفجر ، وحمى النهار تبرد مع نسيم الليل . هل ثمة وسيلة أخرى غير هذه؟
Min 5arij fa8th ana al3rabi :u:
Original post by Dhul-Qarnayn
I just found out about this thread through the Arab soc group. Marhaba everyone!

Can we share some of our favourite Arabic literature and quotes?

---

Al-Tayeb Salih's Caravan of Life (from Season of Migration):

"The world goes on whether we choose for it to do so or in defiance of us. And I, like millions of mankind, walk and move, generally by force of habit, in a long caravan that ascends and descends, encamps, and then proceeds on its way. Life in this caravan is not altogether bad. You no doubt are aware of this. The going may be hard by day, the wilderness sweeping out before us like shoreless seas; we pour with sweat, our throats are parched with thirst, and we reach the frontier beyond which we think we cannot go. Then the sun sets, the air grows cool, and millions of stars twinkle in the sky. We eat and drink and the singer of the caravan breaks into song. Some of us pray in a group behind the Sheikh, others form ourselves into circles to dance and sing and clap. Above us the sky is warm and compassionate. Sometimes we travel by night for as long as we have mind do, and when the white thread is distinguished from the black we say, 'When dawn breaks the travellers are thankful that they have journeyed by night.' If occasionally we are decieved by a mirage, and if our heads, feverish from the action of heat and thirst, sometimes bubble with ideas devoid of any basis of validity, no harm is done. The spectrers of night dissolve with the dawn, the fever of day is cooled by the night breeze. Is there any alternative?"

الدنيا تسير ، باختيارنا أو رغم أنوفنا . وأنا كملايين البشر ، أسير ، أتحرك بحكم العادة في الغالب ، في قافلة طويلة ، تصعد وتنزل ، تحط وترحل . والحياة في هذه القافلة ليست كلها شراً . أنتم ولا شك تدركون ذلك . قد يكون السير شاقاً بالنهار ، البوادي تترامى أمامنا كبحور ليس لها ساحل . نتصبب عراً . وتجف حلوقنا من الظمأ . ونبلغ الحد الذي نظن أن ليس بعده متقدم . ثم تغيب الشمس . ويبرد الهواء . وتتألق ملايين النجوم في السماء . نطعم ونشرب حينئذ ، ويغني مغني الركب . بعضنا يصلي جماعة وراء الشيخ ، وبعضنا يتحلق حلقات يرقصون ويغنون ويصفقون . وفوقنا سماء دافئة رخيمة . وأحياناً نسري بالليل ما طاب لنا السري ، وحين يبين الخيط الأبيض من الخيط الأسود نقول : (( عند انبلاج الصبح يحمد القوم السري )) . وإذا كان السراب أحياناً يخدعنا ، وإذا كانت رسومنا المحمومة بفعل الحر والعطش تغرر أحياناً بأفكار لا أساس لها من الصحة فلا جرم . أشباح الليل تتبخر مع الفجر ، وحمى النهار تبرد مع نسيم الليل . هل ثمة وسيلة أخرى غير هذه؟

I think this is the best line he said, and it resonates with me:
إنني أريد أن آخذ حقي من الحياة عنوة.أريد أن أعطي بسخاء
I want to take my right from this life by brute force(to me it means hard work and sweat, ya3ni nothing comes free for you), and I want to be given generously( the greedy nature of mankind always wanting/expecting more.
[video="youtube;eEZ9fhdDGs4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEZ9fhdDGs4[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)

Saudi Arabia. I'm an expat from UK and this is my third year living here! :P

I was born in UAE, I am a pakistani. have been living there since then :smile:
Original post by TheMaskedLady

I bet life there is tough especially for women couldn't imagine living there
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Azhar Rana
I was born in UAE, I am a pakistani. have been living there since then :smile:

Sams, i was born in dubai, wbu?
Kayfa Haluk Aa-ila-tee? :smile:
Original post by Mentally
Sams, i was born in dubai, wbu?

Marhabban :smile: I was born in Al Ain :smile:
Original post by TheMaskedLady

Ooh, how are you finding it, are there other UK expats where you are?

I love Al Ain! Jebel Hafeet :biggrin: and the Jimi Mall. @Azhar Rana
Ooh, how are you finding it, are there other UK expats where you are?

I love Al Ain! Jebel Hafeet :biggrin: and the Jimi Mall. @Azhar Rana

Haha yeah! :h:
Can we please talk about how sexy saad lamjarred is

Quick Reply

Latest