The Student Room Group

The dilemma of working..

I just dont know anymore... I worked so hard to make it out of low pay retail work and now Im on the corporate ladder I feel I preferred the lack of stress that came with working in retail..I went to work I came home, with this new job I got to work I come home and work then I get up and go to work.. On top of all that things are just not working out, but from what I hear my work environment is normal for professional jobs and its all office cubical work most places.

Theres gotta be more to life than this? It cant just be a continuous loop of get up put suit on go to work and drink expensive coffee and talk about golf and latest cars with people I dont even like... Is this what rich people really do, slave 24/7 a day just for bragging rights over the latest cars? I wanted to be a highroller for years, now that I am one it has major downfalls.. Which has been a massive wakeup call.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep. Most of us are slaves.
Reply 2
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Yep. Most of us are slaves.

Do you really think that because I am seriously coming to this conclusion and I am hoping its just me being crazy..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends entirely on the job there are seniour people who barely do anyhting at work yet get paid fat but generally speaking.....more money or less stress, pick one
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Souljer
I just dont know anymore... I worked so hard to make it out of low pay retail work and now Im on the corporate ladder I feel I preferred the lack of stress that came with working in retail..I went to work I came home, with this new job I got to work I come home and work then I get up and go to work.. On top of all that things are just not working out, but from what I hear my work environment is normal for professional jobs and its all office cubical work most places.

Theres gotta be more to life than this? It cant just be a continuous loop of get up put suit on go to work and drink expensive coffee and talk about golf and latest cars with people I dont even like... Is this what rich people really do, slave 24/7 a day just for bragging rights over the latest cars? I wanted to be a highroller for years, now that I am one it has major downfalls.. Which has been a massive wakeup call.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol no. Rich people dont work.
Original post by Souljer
Do you really think that because I am seriously coming to this conclusion and I am hoping its just me being crazy..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, its not just you being crazy. Most people hate being a slave but they have been indoctrinated to think 'Thats how life is' and then they say things like 'welcome to the real world' lmao. Dont become like those people, find something else to do. Its hard but possible. And who cares if people think you are crazy, these people are afraid to step out of the 9-5 slavery, so look at the bright side, they arent your competition:smile:
Get on in life
Reply 7
Original post by Souljer

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exactly is the corporate ladder?
Original post by Souljer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Working towards goals often feels better than actually achieving them. I'm sure it's not all bad in your life, but maybe you are missing something, a friend, a partner, a hobby? Or perhaps you have those things as well, and it's just about spending more time on the activities that make you happy. Time is the most valuable commodity, so spend it on things you like.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest