The Student Room Group

too noisy as I walk in flip flops, so shall I .... well, just wear socks with them ?

Hi all

some of you may remember a few weeks back I told you I got my first pair of flip flops, main reason for getting them is that flip flops keep your feet clean and fresher.

Since getting my flip flops I walk a lot in them and in a lot of public places, however there is a problem, they are just so damn noisy !! I did expect some noise but definitely did not think they would be so loud as the flip flop slaps/smacks the heel of my foot.

I find my flip flops very comfortable but it is slightly embarrassing when other people give me angry looks as I walk loudly past them in my flip flops.

I have a question, would it be okay if I was to wear socks ( black or white ones) with my flip flops , oh, and how is it possible to wear socks with flip flops as there is a strap for the toe but I have read on the internet on yahoo answers e.t.c. that some people wear socks with flip flops and I just wondered how to do it ?

EDIT : And why is there a lot of hate about wearing socks with flip flops, a lot of stuff on the internet saying it is bad to wear socks with flip flops because it looks stupid, but why ? :s-smilie:

Thanks

webcam-toy-photo12.jpg
Attachment not found

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I love life
Hi all

some of you may remember a few weeks back I told you I got my first pair of flip flops, main reason for getting them is that flip flops keep your feet clean and fresher.

Since getting my flip flops I walk a lot in them and in a lot of public places, however there is a problem, they are just so damn noisy !! I did expect some noise but definitely did not think they would be so loud as the flip flop slaps/smacks the heel of my foot.

I find my flip flops very comfortable but it is slightly embarrassing when other people give me angry looks as I walk loudly past them in my flip flops.

I have a question, would it be okay if I was to wear socks ( black or white ones) with my flip flops , oh, and how is it possible to wear socks with flip flops as there is a strap for the toe but I have read on the internet on yahoo answers e.t.c. that some people wear socks with flip flops and I just wondered how to do it ?

EDIT : And why is there a lot of hate about wearing socks with flip flops, a lot of stuff on the internet saying it is bad to wear socks with flip flops because it looks stupid, but why ? :s-smilie:

Thanks

webcam-toy-photo12.jpg
Attachment not found

Surely using socks is defeating the point of keeping your feet cleaner and fresher, plus it would look hideous.
Do what makes you happy.

Spoiler

I'm laughing so much?!
Flip flops in general are vile imo, if you must wear sandals with socks you can probably get away with nike sliders and socks
Reply 4
Original post by Richpeasant
Surely using socks is defeating the point of keeping your feet cleaner and fresher, plus it would look hideous.

I thought something similar, but even with socks I'm sure they will still be comfortable and the noise will not be there either though I would prefer to remain barefoot in flip flops, the noise is just too loud

Original post by dean01234
Do what makes you happy.

Spoiler

I am happy wearing flip flops but the noise is what is causing the issue
Reply 5
Original post by jawsontheflooor
I'm laughing so much?!
Flip flops in general are vile imo, if you must wear sandals with socks you can probably get away with nike sliders and socks

do you prefer flip flops with or without the wearer wearing socks ?
do you prefer flip flops with or without the wearer wearing socks ?

No I despise them with or without socks sorry
like you'd have to pay me to wear them it's that bad
why not buy a nice pair of crocs™ ?
rah, what the actual hell?
Reply 9
Original post by jawsontheflooor
No I despise them with or without socks sorry
like you'd have to pay me to wear them it's that bad

I can see that you dislike them, lol, but what would disgust you more, with or without socks,
Original post by fire_and_ice
rah, what the actual hell?

what do you mean ?
Original post by the bear
why not buy a nice pair of crocs™ ?

What actually are crocs ? I have heard of them and I read a lot of hate about them but I do not know what they actually are or what they look like,

Regardless, I prefer to stay wearing my flip flops
What actually are crocs ? I have heard of them and I read a lot of hate about them but I do not know what they actually are or what they look like,

Regardless, I prefer to stay wearing my flip flops

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=crocs&client=opera&hs=I7B&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiW-L7cjo_MAhXINxQKHRVNCLwQ_AUIBygB&biw=1152&bih=764

they are comfortable & do not make weird slapping noises.
Reply 12
I just burst out laughing at this, I don't even know why
u dont wear socks with chapal

-sigh

get it right

Ooh, so they're crocs ? I have seen them but didn't know these were crocs.

oh, and thanks but no thanks, I don't really like the look of crocs so I think I'll prefer to wear my flip flops
Original post by Caver
I just burst out laughing at this, I don't even know why

neither do I ? lol
Original post by mariam687
u dont wear socks with chapal

what is chapal ?

-sigh

get it right
Ooh, so they're crocs ? I have seen them but didn't know these were crocs.

oh, and thanks but no thanks, I don't really like the look of crocs so I think I'll prefer to wear my flip flops

neither do I ? lol

search it
this is funnier than it should be
i think I saw this in last month's vogue
I can see that you dislike them, lol, but what would disgust you more, with or without socks,

it's hard decision but probably without
i would just crack up at the socks combo

Quick Reply

Latest