The Student Room Group

Would i get through clearing?

So last year i studied a levels at my schools sixth form, i hated it and only passed two of my AS levels with grade D and E. This adds up to 50 ucas points and i already have 25 from a practical music examination, so in total i have 75 there. This year i have changed courses to a UALAB art and design diploma. i worked out that if i pass this year with a distinction i will get 210 ucas points, giving me 285 points in total. However i had not thought of applying to university this year until today and in know its too late as deadlines have closed. I'm wondering whether i would even be considered for a university course with such a mixture of qualifications, even though my total tariff is accepted by most universities. If there is even a slight chance of me being accepted this year how would i go about going through clearing and what is the best way to do it?

thanks very much :-)
Original post by pompomchaa
So last year i studied a levels at my schools sixth form, i hated it and only passed two of my AS levels with grade D and E. This adds up to 50 ucas points and i already have 25 from a practical music examination, so in total i have 75 there. This year i have changed courses to a UALAB art and design diploma. i worked out that if i pass this year with a distinction i will get 210 ucas points, giving me 285 points in total. However i had not thought of applying to university this year until today and in know its too late as deadlines have closed. I'm wondering whether i would even be considered for a university course with such a mixture of qualifications, even though my total tariff is accepted by most universities. If there is even a slight chance of me being accepted this year how would i go about going through clearing and what is the best way to do it?

thanks very much :-)

What degree is it you want to apply for? It will depend on what you are applying for whether they will accept all of your tariff points or not. It isnt too late to put in a normal application and then to try ucas extra and finally clearing if necessary.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
What degree is it you want to apply for? It will depend on what you are applying for whether they will accept all of your tariff points or not. It isnt too late to put in a normal application and then to try ucas extra and finally clearing if necessary.

i would like to do a history degree mainly, and at the universities I've been looking at they want 280 points, but I'm just really unsure whether they'd take me on D":
i would like to do a history degree mainly, and at the universities I've been looking at they want 280 points, but I'm just really unsure whether they'd take me on D":

Ah i see, well i think for history they would disgard the practical music examination and they might not consider an art diploma either. What subjects were you AS in? And i ll see if I can find anything.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Ah i see, well i think for history they would disgard the practical music examination and they might not consider an art diploma either. What subjects were you AS in? And i ll see if I can find anything.

Biology and art+design, everything is completely unrelated to history and I'm really stuck with what to do
Biology and art+design, everything is completely unrelated to history and I'm really stuck with what to do

Ah i see, right i've had a quick look on ucas and unfortunately everywhere i checked wanted at least 180 ucas points from a levels or a level 3 course. So i would suggest you look into an access course in humanties for this september at a college and then you should be able to do a degree in history with that in 2017.

Quick Reply

Latest