The Student Room Group

Does it matter what modules you do in an Economics degree?

I am in my first year at university and will be studying Economics and Finance for my second and third year. I am in the process of choosing the free elective module for next year. I want to study Business in Asia as I think I will find it the most interesting, and I spend around 5 months every year in Asia with a chance (albeit a small chance) of me moving there permanently in the future. But another part of me is telling me I should choose the Development Economics module instead as it is more in line with my Economics and Finance degree.

Does choosing what free elective you do actually affect job prospects? Would an employer look down on me if I haven't done enough 'Economic related modules' in my Economics degree?

Thank you for any feedback :smile:
As far as I know, for career prospect, options mean not much As for academic progression, some courses get rather picky with regards to the modules you have done.
Original post by RooT_Fifteen
As far as I know, for career prospect, options mean not much As for academic progression, some courses get rather picky with regards to the modules you have done.

Thank you for the reply.

Anyone else? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending