The Student Room Group

4 weeks left until exams start and i havent revised

I'm particularly worried about triple science, I don't think I'll finish all of the content before my exams. My first biology exam is May 23rd and then we have half term, after half term my exams are the 10th June for chemistry c1, c2 and c3 and then the first half of physics on the 15th of June. The second parts of my exams ( p4, p5, p6) are on the 17th June - biology, 20th June - chemistry and the 22nd June - physics. Will I be able to cover all of the content before my exams? Also how should I revise for science? I am planning to read a page and then do questions on it but will I remember this when it comes to the exam? Also is it okay to revise for other subjects in between exams? For example If I have an English exam tomorrow but I do two hours English and 1 hour physics
I am planning to revise all of my subjects at least 3 hours after school (I get home late) 10 hours on Saturdays and 5 on Sundays. During the half term I want to do 10 hours each day.
(edited 8 years ago)
GCSE? 4 weeks is enough time to prepare :smile: Talk to teachers if you need help with any of the topics. Buy revision books as well, they helped me.
Reply 2
Original post by Domaz19
I'm particularly worried about triple science, I don't think I'll finish all of the content before my exams. My first biology exam is May 23rd and then we have half term, after half term my exams are the 10th June for chemistry c1, c2 and c3 and then the first half of physics on the 15th of June. The second parts of my exams ( p4, p5, p6) are on the 17th June - biology, 20th June - chemistry and the 22nd June - physics. Will I be able to cover all of the content before my exams? Also how should I revise for science? I am planning to read a page and then do questions on it but will I remember this when it comes to the exam? Also is it okay to revise for other subjects in between exams? For example If I have an English exam tomorrow but I do two hours English and 1 hour physics
I am planning to revise all of my subjects at least 3 hours after school (I get home late) 10 hours on Saturdays and 5 on Sundays. During the half term I want to do 10 hours each day.

4 weeks is fine, especially if you're going to be revising 3 hours on weekdays and 15 hours total during the weekend. I'm actually taking my GCSEs soon too (high five for Chemistry and Physics), but I think that if you set your mind to it, then you'll score at least an A.

For me, the best way of revising is to make notes and mind maps on the content you've learned. For example, for physics, try writing down a list of all the useful formulae down my memory, and for chemistry, perhaps make a mind map of the properties of each group of elements.

Another good way to revise is to do as many past papers as you can. I've been doing quite a lot, and for subjects like maths and the sciences, they always recycle questions. As long as you familiarise yourself with the questions that show up, you'll be fine.

Good luck to your exams!

Quick Reply

Latest