The Student Room Group

White Lives Matter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Attempt
From 1988 - 1997 you stupid moron.

The reasons for that happening during those years is not mentioned anywhere on the FBI's official website, the DOJ, the CIA. Nothing. So nothing meaningful can be made from that stat.

BLM movement started around 2013/2014.

Meaning your point is inherently flawed.

So you claim that white people are twice as likely to be killed by police than black people, and your proof for this is an article that says the exact opposite, but then you say the figures are too dated to matter anyway.

Okay then.

Glad we had this, uh.. Whatever this was.
Original post by Roofas
Oh calm down, you'll have a brain aneurysm. I'll quote who I want.

The UK economy, according to wikipedia is at $2.853 trillion and grew at 2.3% in 2015. 2.3% of $2.853 trillion is $65b. Net migration into the UK in 2015 was 323,000.

That means that each migrant would have to have contributed $202,941 (£142,720) per capita/person to create just that surplus of 2.3% ($65b), ignoring the other $2.8 trillion produced to reach 'break even' and prevent a recession.

Very obviously this is not the case. Let's be incredibly generous and say that each migrant contributes $41,787 to the UK economy, which is the UK population's average. 323,000 x $41,787 = $13,497,201,000 = $13 billion.

$13,497,201,000 (maximum potential economic contribution of every migrant in 2015) is just 0.473% of $2.853,000,000,000 (total 2015 British GDP)

So at the very maximum under this incredibly generous assumption we could claim that migration into the UK in 2015 contributed to only 0.5% of total British GDP. In reality we know that migrants don't contribute anywhere near $41,787 per person and as such that percentage, truthfully, is even smaller.

Immigration is hardly the mighty engine of the British economy and you trying to slander me won't make it true. I'm certainly not a bigot and where did I even mention Islam or Muslims in my previous post?

OH MY GODDD I AM LAUGHING AT YOUR STUPIDITY HAHAHAHA DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST DO THAT?

You know nothing about economics do you? You've basically divided the number of migrants with the number of people in the UK and still would have got 0.5%.
You're as stupid as it gets, i cannot be bothered to talk to someone who has no common sense.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1114/051114-economic-impact-EU-immigration

I would try to explain it more to you but looking at the stupid error and flaws you just made just goes to show how bloody retarded you are. Im really not bothered to talk economics to someone as mentally incapable and stupid as you.

Im not even lying when i say this but you are the most stupid person ive seen on TSR

Education has truly failed you, i can just tell your gonna be a benefits scrounger in the future with your stupidity.
Original post by Roofas
Well that figure is the value of British GDP per capita. This is the total value of the British economy in one year divided by the population, giving a sort of idea of the rough contribution of each citizen to the economy. At least that's the way I understand it, I'm not an economist.

So all I did was calculate using that $41,787 value as a guide for what each immigrant would contribute also. While there are lots of skilled migrants there are also many on benefits and who work picking apples so I personally doubt it is an appropriate figure myself. I would imagine it's a fair bit lower but I doubt they keep real statistics regarding this matter.

oh my god you are truly stupid, you use that to justify yourself wtf how dumb can you be
Original post by Captain Haddock
So you claim that white people are twice as likely to be killed by police than black people, and your proof for this is an article that says the exact opposite, but then you say the figures are too dated to matter anyway.

Okay then.

Glad we had this, uh.. Whatever this was.

It proved the opposite for only a period of 9 years in America, not overall.

Maybe reading isn't your strong point.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/?page=all
Original post by The_Last_Melon
White lives matter because people say you can't even be racist against us despite being the most tolerant people in the world to other races except for maybe the Chinese and Thai people. So because we are so tolerant that excuses you to abuse us? I don't think so.

Despite being tolerant?

Tell that to the Aboriginals, Native Americans, Africans, Indians of white tolerance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by darkvibes
OH MY GODDD I AM LAUGHING AT YOUR STUPIDITY HAHAHAHA DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST DO THAT?

You know nothing about economics do you? You've basically divided the number of migrants with the number of people in the UK and still would have got 0.5%.
You're as stupid as it gets, i cannot be bothered to talk to someone who has no common sense.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1114/051114-economic-impact-EU-immigration

I would try to explain it more to you but looking at the stupid error and flaws you just made just goes to show how bloody retarded you are. Im really not bothered to talk economics to someone as mentally incapable and stupid as you.

Im not even lying when i say this but you are the most stupid person ive seen on TSR

Education has truly failed you, i can just tell your gonna be a benefits scrounger in the future with your stupidity.

You do realise that this article explicitly talks about EUROPEAN IMMIGRATION right?

"European immigrants who arrived in the UK since 2000 have contributed more than £20bn to UK public finances between 2001 and 2011. Moreover, they have endowed the country with productive human capital that would have cost the UK £6.8bn in spending on education.
Over the period from 2001 to 2011, European immigrants from the EU-15 countries contributed 64% more in taxes than they received in benefits. Immigrants from the Central and East European ‘accession’ countries (the ‘A10’) contributed 12% more than they received.- See more at: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1114/051114-economic-impact-EU-immigration#sthash.CQUnsacL.dpuf"

"European immigrants who arrived since 2000 are on average better educated than natives (in 2011, 25% of immigrants from A10 countries and 62% of those from EU-15 countries had a university degree, while the comparable share is 24% among natives) and have higher employment rates (81% for A10, 70% for EU-15 and 70% for UK natives in 2011) - See more at: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1114/051114-economic-impact-EU-immigration#sthash.CQUnsacL.dpuf"
Original post by Attempt
You do realise that this article explicitly talks about EUROPEAN IMMIGRATION right?

"European immigrants who arrived in the UK since 2000 have contributed more than £20bn to UK public finances between 2001 and 2011. Moreover, they have endowed the country with productive human capital that would have cost the UK £6.8bn in spending on education.
Over the period from 2001 to 2011, European immigrants from the EU-15 countries contributed 64% more in taxes than they received in benefits. Immigrants from the Central and East European ‘accession’ countries (the ‘A10’) contributed 12% more than they received.- See more at: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1114/051114-economic-impact-EU-immigration#sthash.CQUnsacL.dpuf"

"European immigrants who arrived since 2000 are on average better educated than natives (in 2011, 25% of immigrants from A10 countries and 62% of those from EU-15 countries had a university degree, while the comparable share is 24% among natives) and have higher employment rates (81% for A10, 70% for EU-15 and 70% for UK natives in 2011) - See more at: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1114/051114-economic-impact-EU-immigration#sthash.CQUnsacL.dpuf"

its the first one that came up on a google search

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/fiscal-impact-immigration-uk

This is one that assesses it on a fiscal level i.e. just on taxation and government spending

Migrants have a total net contribution, and when you use the theory of that idiot, it should be zero.

Not to mention that they fill up job shortages in both high and low skilled jobs, e.g. doctors and cleaners

Any economist would tell you the benefits of immigration is pretty evident.
Original post by Wired_1800
X

Fair play, I'm not at all claiming you were racist in posting the gif and the one you posted really wasn't in the category I'm talking about.

But I do think the existence of these memes arises from an imbalance in racial equality; black people are seen to be more emotional, more exaggerated, more outlandish and more entertaining. And I think these are traits often associated with an oppressed class, I'll have to dig out some historical examples but iirc the metics in Athens were similarly perceived.
Original post by Attempt
x.

Okay, let's play the game of calling out the statistics we don't like as false/made up, and the ones that support our agenda as 'Facts'

my turn:

- Fact : White Americans use drugs more than black Americans, but black people are arrested for drug possession more then 3 times as often as whites.

- Fact : Black Americans face discrimination when applying for a job

"Young white men with felony convictions are more likely to get called back after a job interview than young black men with similar qualifications and clean records, a 2003 study published in the American Journal of Sociology found."

Fact : Employers are more likely to turn away job seekers if they have African-American-sounding names.

"- according to a 2003 National Bureau of Economic Research report. “Based on our estimates,” the researchers wrote, “a White name yields as many more callbacks as an additional eight years of experience.”

Your turn
Original post by Mentally
Okay, let's play the game of calling out the statistics we don't like as false/made up, and the ones that support our agenda as 'Facts'

my turn:

- Fact : White Americans use drugs more than black Americans, but black people are arrested for drug possession more then 3 times as often as whites.

- Fact : Black Americans face discrimination when applying for a job

"Young white men with felony convictions are more likely to get called back after a job interview than young black men with similar qualifications and clean records, a 2003 study published in the American Journal of Sociology found."

Fact : Employers are more likely to turn away job seekers if they have African-American-sounding names.

"- according to a 2003 National Bureau of Economic Research report. “Based on our estimates,” the researchers wrote, “a White name yields as many more callbacks as an additional eight years of experience.”

Your turn

If you weren't such a ****** **** you would realise that I did infact agree that there is some institutional racism in America. But the justice department isn't one of them, meaning that the last 2 points you posted have NOTHING to do with anything.

ABSOLUTELY nothing

And in regards to the first statistic, the main reason for this is because 47-49% of gang and drug related crimes in America are committed by black people, meaning that it is easier for Police officers to arrest more black people, because they take part in more wide scale drug movements, and I'm not saying that white people aren't involved in drug crimes, but statistically black people are the majority of "gangsters and drug dealers" in America.
This just demonstrates your ignorance. You think white people are angels or something who can float away from danger in the hand of God? Do you think when the Normans and Viking were raping England that it was only black people who suffered? Lol. This country has been raped throughout history. We are ruled by foreigners. Do you think when millions of whites were sent into the trenches with crap equipment facing the Nazis that it was blacks who were gassed and bayonetted? I like to imagine people like you and how they would respond to a white person being run over.

Hint: you will probably take a picture rather than call 999.

Is thread a complete joke?
OP you really do need to educate yourself first on why even the Black lives matter movement was even created. I think OP and others on here are uninformed and totally missing the point to why the 'black lives matter' movement was even created.

This movement is not claiming 'black lives matter more' or that 'white lives do not matter' or that any other race does not matter. But you need to understand where society is at, at the moment. All this movement is trying to do is to raise awareness about the prevalent racial issues within America which has existed for centuries- focusing on one sector/ aspect of it which is- police brutality against Afro/Caribbean citizens.

Now, I'm not saying that white people cannot face racism, any one who thinks this is being completely irrational and racist themselves. HOWEVER, a big however- statistics have proven that those of colour are more likely to face discrimination whether in the work place, or simply when buying things at a store or even when driving. Being a black man especially in America, Oh my goodness.
Police brutality especially against people of colour is extremely common in the United states which is why many became fed up and spoke against the brutality. For so long, black males such as Trayvon martin have been unjustly murdered yet officers such as Zimmerman got away with it. Zimmerman was only locked up after he had committed another offence (domestic violence) and was later released a few months after. So it's no secret that men of colour are more likely to be shot down by police officers or face imprisonment than other white male peers.

Imagine, people scrutinised and shamed Beyonce for performing 'Formation' at the Super bowl. That should not have even been an issue. The fact that it was an issue says something. Beyonce did not say 'f*ck the police' but sang lyrics such as 'I like my baby heir with baby hair and afros' claiming she's happy to have her 'black', African features and Afro hair that is deemed 'nappy'/ ugly by some in society. People claimed she was promoting violence by allowing her dancers to dress, wear the black panthers dress code...Oh please. No she was not!I think people need to research what the Black panthers stood for before they can make such statements.
Unlike the KKK, they had core principles to their party such as fighting for 'free health care; health facilities which will develop preventive medical programs' then other principles such as 'end to all wars of aggression; the various conflicts which exist stem directly from the United States ruling circle.' And the most relevant one to this topic 'end to police brutality and murder of Black people and other people of color and oppressed people.' Which is WHY Beyonce had her dancers wearing their uniform. See even police brutality against people of colour existed even in the sixties all the way till now. Many are fed up! It's only now raising to the surfaces thanks to social media.
And note- the Black panthers only used violence when violence was used against them- they believed in protecting themselves. Unlike the KKK who on the other hand lynched innocent people for simply being black, black panthers had dreams and goals surrounding equality. Hence Beyonce was trying to make a political message.

Do you worry about not getting a job because your name sounds 'too black'? I hope you know many are discriminated against because of this, even if your name is shaniqua or Sarah this should not be a problem as it does not display your gifts and qualities. Do you worry daily about being stopped or searched because of the colour of your skin? Well many have said this is what they experience on a regular as it seems 'dark skin' makes a person look more suspicious. Do you worry about sounding 'too ghetto' and if you're educated being insulted because apparently you're 'sounding too white' since stereotypically only white people can be educated? Look it's only even recently the black community has begun to even accept their own natural hair with the natural hair community on Youtube. People wonder why black women wear weaves, extensions, relax their hair/straighten them. Well Afro hair has been deemed as unattractive hair for years- this has all been embedded in African culture over the years. Before 'good' hair was straight, fine hair.

So it's not that the other races do not matter. Of course they do! However black people in America are trying to say they've had enough of the injustice that they've experienced for so long. It's about time! They are going through a transformation in terms of awareness as a community, crossing a revolutionary road full of confidence, acceptance and bravery. Do you understand now? Do you? Do you? Sigh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 151

oh my god you are truly stupid, you use that to justify yourself wtf how dumb can you be

Except we aren't trying to work out the percentage of migrants arriving per year compared to the British population, we were discussing their contribution to the British economy.

The fact that the two values are the same is a red herring. It was me who decided on the migrant contribution figure of $41k. If we pick a more realistic figure of $31,000 then we come up at a different, lower percentage of 0.35%. It's just a coincidence.

I don't have a problem with discussing this further. These two posts of yours were probably meant to upset me but I've read them with a bit of enjoyment. It's a bit of a novelty to be called such things.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Attempt
If you weren't such a ****** **** you sound abit mad bro, take a chill pill. you would realise that I did infact agree that there is some institutional racism in America. But the justice department isn't one of them, meaning that the last 2 points you posted have NOTHING to do with anything.

ABSOLUTELY nothing shhhh it has to do with the point of this topic, that blacks do face discrimination despite how much we like to deny it.

And in regards to the first statistic, the main reason for this is because 47-49% of gang and drug related crimes in America are committed by black people, meaning that it is easier for Police officers to arrest more black people, because they take part in more wide scale drug movements, that is the definition of instituionalised racism in the justice department. Lets arrest more blacks we probably have a better chance of catching the drug dealer that way statistically right? If you can't admit that as racism then you sir, have just redefined stupidity. and I'm not saying that white people aren't involved in drug crimes, but statistically black people are the majority of "gangsters and drug dealers" in America.

---
---

I'm not denying it.

You're the moron who doesn't listen to anything anyone tells them.

For like the fifth time. I do accept that there is institutional racism in America, but that doesn't mean that the justice department is racist.

Arresting more black people for high scale gang and drug operations in respect to white people is not racist. It just means that more black people take part in gang and drug related activities.
Original post by Attempt
I'm not denying it.

You're the moron whoa whats up with the insults? who doesn't listen to anything anyone tells them.

For like the fifth time.*2nd I do accept that there is institutional racism in America, but that doesn't mean that the justice department is racist.

Arresting more black people for high scale gang and drug operations in respect to white people is not racist. It just means that more black people take part in gang and drug related activities. No the statistics show that they are more likely to be stopped/arrested/searched than their white counterparts for a crime they didn't commit.

If you can admit that there's some sort of institutionalised racism ( which your right-wing Trump-loving friends wouldn't dare go that far to admit) then why is it so difficult to grasp the concept of racism in the police force.

Anyway it looks like we're going in circles, lets call it a day. I've got lectures in the morning.
(edited 7 years ago)
If you can admit that theres some sort of institutionalised racism ( which your right-wing Trump-loving friends wouldn't dare go that far to admit, then why is it so difficult to grasp racism in the police force.

Anyway it looks like we're going in circles, lets call it a day. I've got lectures in the morning.

You didn't even close your bracket, LOL.

You're a fun person, but really hard to get on with.

See you another time
Original post by Roofas
Except we aren't trying to work out the percentage of migrants arriving per year compared to the British population, we were discussing their contribution to the British economy.

The fact that the two values are the same is a red herring. It was me who decided on the migrant contribution figure of $41k. If we pick a more realistic figure of $31,000 then we come up at a different, lower percentage of 0.35%. It's just a coincidence.

I don't have a problem with discussing this further. These two posts of yours were probably meant to upset me but I've read them with a bit of enjoyment. It's a bit of a novelty to be called such things.

you bloody idiot, i said dividing the number of migrants by the total population will also equal to 0.5%, except you dont have the mental capacity to understand why that is the case. It isnt a red herring you utter moron, you're just a downy

Your lack of economic knowledge has led you to being so simplistic. Its not as clear cut as dividing the GDP by the no. of migrants. I can use the same knowledge and say 'richest 1% only contribute to 1% of the GDP'

No theres no point discussing this when you see it as a red herring. You're just a total idiot. Honestly your lack of common sense makes me think its just pointless arguing with you.
It's called Capitalism and it's not about race it's about wealth. Do you think Chris Brown, Rihanna, Jaz Z etc really care about this stuff? If there was a real genocide happening then it would be an issue but they've just elected a black president ffs. All Americans hate are Muslims and Mexicans, they love the Blacks, have you ever watched American porn ffs? It's all interracial. Also they don't even hate the Mexicans and Muslims that much, it just so happens that they're the only people causing the USA problems atm. (drugs trade and religious tension)

Clearly degenerate.
Reply 158
you bloody idiot, i said dividing the number of migrants by the total population will also equal to 0.5%, except you dont have the mental capacity to understand why that is the case. It isnt a red herring you utter moron, you're just a downy

Your lack of economic knowledge has led you to being so simplistic. Its not as clear cut as dividing the GDP by the no. of migrants. I can use the same knowledge and say 'richest 1% only contribute to 1% of the GDP'

No theres no point discussing this when you see it as a red herring. You're just a total idiot. Honestly your lack of common sense makes me think its just pointless arguing with you.

No, I'm sorry it is you who is displaying a lack of basic comprehension it seems.

"i said dividing the number of migrants by the total population will also equal to 0.5%, except you dont have the mental capacity to understand why that is the case"

What does this mean? What impact does this have on any statistic I have calculated? How is this relevant in any other way besides the fact that it is close to the percentage of 0.473 I worked out regarding an entirely different set of variables and factors?

I'm afraid to tell you that you've confused entirely separate factors here. I don't think you're being so stubborn on purpose I think you just legitimately can't comprehend it. I broke down my equations quite clearly so you could understand but you've misunderstood them in three separate posts now.
Original post by Attempt
I'm not denying it.

You're the moron who doesn't listen to anything anyone tells them.

For like the fifth time. I do accept that there is institutional racism in America, but that doesn't mean that the justice department is racist.

Arresting more black people for high scale gang and drug operations in respect to white people is not racist. It just means that more black people take part in gang and drug related activities.

Most of the distributes and suppliers of the drugs aren’t black. That is where the real money is. The distributors live in communities divorced from the street level dealers. They are almost never caught. If a black dealers, goes down, there is always another to take their place.It’s like a low paying job, the turnover is great.

The black criminals are nothing but bullet fodder and a source of income for those who gain jobs in the prisons.

They aren't going to use some white kid as they are seen as not as expendable as black kids are. For every black criminal who is incarcerated, there is many more white ones walking free, or in rehab .

And in most cases we are not even talking about the hard stuff, like heroin, crack or cocaine, but marijuana weed.

And even after you do your time you do not get to start over clean. For one, almost no one will hire you. Most professional licences are out of the question too. For the first five years you cannot get public housing just when you need it most. You will never again get food stamps.

Your life is messed up forever. So what becomes of you? We already know: within three years there is a 70% chance you will be back in prison.

And all this explained away that black men are beast like savages with low IQ's who can't do good. Stat after stat is churned out about black crime to people who already deeply held views about blacks.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest