The Student Room Group

Does online dating suck for anyone else??

In the last three days I've received 80+ messages on OkCupid from guys and I haven't found any of them attractive. I've literally stated on my profile that I have an age preference and the majority of men that have messaged me clearly didnt read my profile. I sieve through messages and most guys are way too old for my liking or on the other side of the world. I've done the initiating in the past and it doesn't work for me. I have never received a response to any messages, so I've given up on that approach.

I came across a guy I met on OkCupid months ago before I deleted my profile and decided to message him yesterday. He seemed happy to hear from me, he happens to be attractive and the conversation just flows. From what I remember he took like a week to respond to messages, so I kind of saw this as a bad sign although he didn't seem disinterested when he did respond. Time will tell anyway.

Then I keep running into my ex on every single dating app, it's like I can't get away from him everytime I log onto OkCupid.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
a few months a met an amazing guy on ok cupid, i was like to my friend omg hes amazing!!! so i switched numbers with him and his whatsapp picture was him with a girl and it said like a date. I asked him what it was about and he was like oh i havent changed my whatsapp picture for ages.. he then blocked me.. turns out he had a girlfiend!! I was really angry and felt so sorry for his girlfriend!!!
Original post by phunky_fresh
In the last three days I've received 80+ messages on OkCupid from guys and I haven't found any of them attractive. I've literally stated on my profile that I have an age preference and the majority of men that have messaged me clearly didnt read my profile. I sieve through messages and most guys are way too old for my liking or on the other side of the world. I've done the initiating in the past and it doesn't work for me. I have never received a response to any messages, so I've given up on that approach.

I came across a guy I met on OkCupid months ago before I deleted my profile and decided to message him yesterday. He seemed happy to hear from me, he happens to be attractive and the conversation just flows. From what I remember he took like a week to respond to messages, so I kind of saw this as a bad sign although he didn't seem disinterested when he did respond. Time will tell anyway.

Then I keep running into my ex on every single dating app, it's like I can't get away from him everytime I log onto OkCupid.

I have not tried, but I have heard all sorts of stories from friends.
I prefer face to face
Reply 3
I met my partner online. We've been together for 5 years but we didn't meet on a dating/sex app. We got to know each other via message board and connected as friends before dating
Tried it once. Met up with the guy soon after (which was very very unusual for a cautious person like me). Suffice to say it didn't work out after date numero uno.
I had tinder for a bit but nothing ever came from it.

Met my previous and current boyfriends through xbox live though. :redface:
Original post by rayquaza17
I had tinder for a bit but nothing ever came from it.

Met my previous and current boyfriends through xbox live though. :redface:

What games?

I just make everyone cry on fifa.
Reply 7
Its ****. Get down to the pub instead.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
What games?

I just make everyone cry on fifa.

First was on Gears of War. Current was on Elder Scrolls Online.

I met the first one through an argument on Gears actually, he kept killing me and I got really annoyed because I wanted an achievement so I sent him a nasty message. :tongue:
people online are different to what they are in real life boo

Quick Reply

Latest