The Student Room Group

Am I screwed?

Hello, I'm looking to take economics at University but i'm worried my grades won't be good enough. I'm predicted A for Economics and B for business and Maths and a E in biology this year for AS :|. I'm also going to take a EPQ next year and going to try get international work experience as well as work experience in the UK (I live in the UK btw) I'm worried that because I'll be taking both business and economics next year I'll struggle to find a good University which will take me on. Do you think if I achieve these grades then I'll be able to get into a good University even with both business and economics or do you think that maybe I should try push my grades a little higher to maybe AAB if I can (obviously I'm trying but that just means putting extra effort in at lunch times and stuff) to even stand a chance of getting place. I'm asking this because I know how competitive economics is and I'm starting to worry:\ Also will the E in biology hinder me or will it not matter?
All depends on how the university values grades or ucas points. But your work experience plans will look good and if you try to get higher grades, it's not nessecarily impossible
Reply 2
Original post by james813
All depends on how the university values grades or ucas points. But your work experience plans will look good and if you try to get higher grades, it's not nessecarily impossible

Do you think i'd be easier to go into accounting and finance?
Original post by TheLegendKC
Do you think i'd be easier to go into accounting and finance?

Don't change your degree in the light of your anticipated grades. You'll regret it later on....

As your app, try to get your teachers to predict you an AAB. I have a friend studying Maths&econ at Leeds who was predicted an AAB and ended up with an ABB (with a B in maths....)
Reply 4
Original post by RooT_Fifteen
Don't change your degree in the light of your anticipated grades. You'll regret it later on....

As your app, try to get your teachers to predict you an AAB. I have a friend studying Maths&econ at Leeds who was predicted an AAB and ended up with an ABB (with a B in maths....)

Did he take both business and economics?
He took history and economics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending