The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They're fleeing a war and you feel angry?

The only thing making me angry here is that none of them are being allowed in islamic countries in the middle east, just giving Europe the full burden.

They're allowed to claim asylum and EU have put in reforms to send away migrants that dont comply with the requirements.
Reply 2
Original post by darkvibes
They're fleeing a war and you feel angry?

The only thing making me angry here is that none of them are being allowed in islamic countries in the middle east, just giving Europe the full burden.

They're allowed to claim asylum and EU have put in reforms to send away migrants that dont comply with the requirements.

They are all plainly African. The majority of all of these people aren't fleeing war and currently NONE of them 'comply' with the requirements to claim asylum. Even the ones actually fleeing civil war have went through several safe countries by land, air and sea............ and I agree that EVERY single one of them that has been allowed to claim asylum or trying to claim asylum in Europe or the UK should be sent away for not meeting the criteria of refugee.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
They are all plainly African. The majority of all of these people aren't fleeing war and currently NONE of them 'comply' with the requirements to claim asylum. Even the ones actually fleeing civil war have went through several safe countries by land, air and sea............ and I agree that EVERY single one of them that has been allowed to claim asylum or trying to claim asylum in Europe or the UK should be sent away for not meeting the criteria of refugee.

There's civil conflicts within Syria, libya, Somalia and Eritrea and many other countries. They are all fleeing some form of conflict.

They all do comply with the requirements of asylum, why do you think they're being let in? The ones who dont are being sent back anyway

Its illegal to deny asylum to people who have a legitimate claim and war or conflict does fit the criteria.
Reply 4
There's civil conflicts within Syria, libya, Somalia and Eritrea and many other countries. They are all fleeing some form of conflict.

They all do comply with the requirements of asylum, why do you think they're being let in? The ones who dont are being sent back anyway

Its illegal to deny asylum to people who have a legitimate claim and war or conflict does fit the criteria.

You really don't know what you are talking about.

A person MUST claim asylum in the first safe country they can. Hence not one of them is applicable for asylum as their first safe country was in the middle East or Africa, not one of these asylum claims are legitimate by the rules already in place.

What these people are doing is very, very illegal and they are doing for financial gain. They are, by matter of fact, quite literally criminals and social parasites.

The people that have been already allowed to claim asylum from these places over the past decade (or two) also have illegitimate asylum claims AND I would love to see every single one of them deported with their families.

A person MUST claim asylum in the first safe country they can. Hence not one of them is applicable for asylum as their first safe country was in the middle East or Africa, not one of these asylum claims are legitimate by the rules already in place.

What these people are doing is very, very illegal and they are doing for financial gain. They are, by matter of fact, quite literally criminals and social parasites.

The people that have been already allowed to claim asylum from these places over the past decade (or two) also have illegitimate asylum claims AND I would love to see every single one of them deported with their families.

No, YOU dont know what you are talking about.

http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/policy_research/the_truth_about_asylum/facts_about_asylum_-_page_4

Read the bit about 'here is nothing in international law to say that refugees must claim asylum in the first country they reach'

For some, the first country is Italy, coming by boat. They do come to europe for financial gain and it's a safe place, you cant blame them, Why would you go to another country in north africa or somewhere? They're not illegal and not criminal at alll, we have a legal requirement to accept them.

They dont have illegal asylum claims, war and civil conflict is what they are fleeing from and are totally legitimate. Those who dont get rejected and get sent back. They receive refeugee status because they have a legitimate claim and are allowed in. If you are a 'refugee' your asylum claim has been accepted.

You clearly lack knowledge of the issue thinking they're all here illegally smh
Reply 6

http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/policy_research/the_truth_about_asylum/facts_about_asylum_-_page_4

Read the bit about 'here is nothing in international law to say that refugees must claim asylum in the first country they reach'

For some, the first country is Italy, coming by boat. They do come to europe for financial gain and it's a safe place, you cant blame them, Why would you go to another country in north africa or somewhere? They're not illegal and not criminal at alll, we have a legal requirement to accept them.

They dont have illegal asylum claims, war and civil conflict is what they are fleeing from and are totally legitimate. Those who dont get rejected and get sent back. They receive refeugee status because they have a legitimate claim and are allowed in. If you are a 'refugee' your asylum claim has been accepted.

It's nothing to do with International law but EU law. The Dublin Convention adopted by EU states rules that refugees to the EU must claim asylum in the first safe EU country they reach. Germany however has suspended this measure itself.

The posts you've made on several threads in the last few hours are very angry and don't make a lot of sense I'm afraid. I think it's time for you to have a sleep. You can delete all these nasty posts of yours in the morning :-)

Lmfao where'd you get that ******** from?
I don't see why their sexuality has to come into it.

lmfao sure good luck with that

I have some magic beans to sell you
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Cultural enrichment incoming.
Reply 11
So many women and children among them.
More than 6,000 in the past 3 days and the pictures say it all. This is an increase of 90% in the previous year, so the source says, so they were getting 200 a day last year?

Seeing these pictures just makes me angry. Why don't they do something about this, what can they do? Their country is being overrun.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3539484/High-five-Europe-patrol-migrant-boats-pick-refugee-dinghies-30-miles-Libya-bring-270-miles-Sicily-new-Lesbos.html
ucles sending.jpgucles sending.jpgucles sending.jpgucles sending.jpg

They all look like refuges to me escaping war
Original post by Roofas
It's nothing to do with International law but EU law. The Dublin Convention adopted by EU states rules that refugees to the EU must claim asylum in the first safe EU country they reach. Germany however has suspended this measure itself.

The posts you've made on several threads in the last few hours are very angry and don't make a lot of sense I'm afraid. I think it's time for you to have a sleep. You can delete all these nasty posts of yours in the morning :-)

The dublin convention has nothing to do with it. If it really was implemented how come that isnt the case? Besides my argument was that Asylum seekers with a legitimate application can enter. In this case, Sicily is the first place the migrants get to. So what you have said just supports my point.

I haven't been nasty here, only to you because you are an idiot :smile:

Refugeecouncil.org............ you are having a laugh, where did you find this bull. Made my day, I repeat, you have no idea what you are talking about.

First line on that page read, there is no such thing as a bogus or illegal asylum seeker. Seriously, you hand out this link like it's some sort of authority. You take anything it says seriously?

This is the dumbest website I have ever been to.

This isn't even worthy of a response, if you can't see the gaping, humongous holes in this site's information and what you are saying then I can't help you.
Original post by ODES_PDES
They all look like refuges to me escaping war

Well fed physically fit young men, this isn't the demographic distribution of refugees. It's more akin to the distribution we would see in an invading army lol.
Well fed physically fit young men, this isn't the demographic distribution of refugees. It's more akin to the distribution we would see in an invading army lol.

:colone:
Refugeecouncil.org............ you are having a laugh, where did you find this bull. Made my day, I repeat, you have no idea what you are talking about.

First line on that page read, there is no such thing as a bogus or illegal asylum seeker. Seriously, you hand out this link like it's some sort of authority. You take anything it says seriously?

This is the dumbest website I have ever been to.

This isn't even worthy of a response, if you can't see the gaping, humongous holes in this site's information and what you are saying then I can't help you.

I can't help you since you can't seem to accept the truth. That is facts, god arent you taught this at school?

That's facts, and yes anyone can claim asylum. I can claim asylum if i wanted to and get rejected nothing illegal.

If you're gonna be patronising and dismissive of the truth well then i can't help you. I've diminished your argument and you scrape the bottom of the barrel for silly points like this.
Original post by Novascope
Lmfao where'd you get that ******** from?

Why would they travel through several countries with similar cultures and languages to arrive in Europe?

It's blatantly obvious, when they are asked they openly say that they want to come to (enter central European country here) because of the better standards of living and better pay.......... basically, money. They get to use the schools, and hospitals and police services payed for by other people. They get free education and housing and benefits. Again, they openly say this.

Why so intellectually dishonest.
Why would they travel through several countries with similar cultures and languages to arrive in Europe?

It's blatantly obvious, when they are asked they openly say that they want to come to (enter central European country here) because of the better standards of living and better pay.......... basically, money. They get to use the schools, and hospitals and police services payed for by other people. They get free education and housing and benefits. Again, they openly say this.

Why so intellectually dishonest.

And who the **** wouldn't?

You seem to have such hatred for these people, why don't you blame the governments who are giving these people free education, housing and benefits? Oh because you can't, so you pick the easier target. Pathetic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending