The Student Room Group

How much did you pay for your insruance?

Okay I know this is going to be different for everyone because it's based on so many factors but I just wanted to know a general idea just to see if the amount I pay is over the top or normal.

I'll start off: £1530 per year with hastings smart miles and I'v only had my license for 3 months.
Reply 1
I pay just over £3000 for a 2 litre
Reply 2
£1100 on Mercedes C250. 5 years exp, Under 25. Premium actually doubled from £900 last year to £1800 but after a lengthy phone conversation managed to whittle it back down. Would've thought being a year older, holding a clean license and an extra year of no-claims would've made it cheaper, not the opposite!
Original post by NX172
£1100 on Mercedes C250. 5 years exp, Under 25. Premium actually doubled from £900 last year to £1800 but after a lengthy phone conversation managed to whittle it back down. Would've thought being a year older, holding a clean license and an extra year of no-claims would've made it cheaper, not the opposite!

Are you or your parents millionaires or something?
Reply 4
No, I'm self-made. Don't need to be a millionaire to buy a C250, though. haha.
Reply 5
£160 with 9 year NCD for Ford Ka
Original post by NX172
No, I'm self-made. Don't need to be a millionaire to buy a C250, though. haha.

How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?
I paid £398 for the year just gone, had license for 3 years, and this was my second year of having a car. Age 20 when I got the insurance. Suzuki Alto, 2003.
Reply 8
I only paid £19,200 which was a good deal considering it was quite low mileage
Reply 9
Currently £2000 on a 15 plate 2.0 turbo
First car insurance was £1800 on 14 plate 1.2 corsa, which got cancelled in 11 months....
This years insurance (which i paid last month) was £235.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending