The Student Room Group

GCSE and A levels for a foreigner

Hello everyone, my name is Rodrigo, I'm from Brazil and I'll be moving to UK in june
I would like to ask you guys... Could someone explain the UK educational system ? I've been looking info about it and i got to: GCSE and A level. After seeing the question level of GCSE I've got myself a bit confused... It doesn't look like a strong exam to me but it is considered so important

Please help me on this one guys
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sennk
Hello everyone, my name is Rodrigo, I'm from Brazil and I'll be moving to UK in june
I would like to ask you guys... Could someone explain the UK educational system ? I've been looking info about it and i got to: GCSE and A level. After seeing the question level of GCSE I've got myself a bit confused... It doesn't look like a strong exam to me but it is considered so important

Please help me on this one guys

At least 5 GCSE's at C grade or above are needed to study a-levels at most british institutions of further education. Those GCSE's have to include maths, English and science at most colleges. They are an important 'stepping stone' in the current british education system if that makes any sense
Reply 2
Thank you for replying

I'll start an A level in september but for what they told me I'll need to do GCSE in English and Math before joining so that they can confirm my level.
English will be a little hard but with some practice i can do it, but I've been looking math and .. it was disappointing i guess

Quick Reply