The Student Room Group

Just got officially diagnosed with Asperger's, AMA

Scroll to see replies

do you think Mr Corbyn has any tattoos ?
Original post by Tootles
Not always. Repetitive patterns is normal but nonverbal communication is just one facet; some of us are able to read people pretty much as well as NTs are, and in some cases even better - for example I can always tell (in a face-to-face setting) if someone is lying to me.

Also I know aspies who are very much at ease in social situations, having no problems interacting.

And concerning intelligence and language, again most aspies I know of are incredibly intelligent, creative, and polymathic. One of my friends paints, sculpts, plays various instruments, and writes. I myself write, play instruments, and have a high level of expertise in radio and computing technologies at the low level. I also know a dozen languages, at one point having collected them like you might collect stamps.

How is an 'aspie' who has above average non verbal communication and social skills an aspie at all?
Do you have you're autism math powers yet?

I am still waiting on mine, but i'm sure i'll get them soon!
ass burgers syndrome
What are your obsessions?
I dont have a question for OP but I want OP to know that it doesnt have to define who they are as a person :smile:
Original post by a noble chance
How is an 'aspie' who has above average non verbal communication and social skills an aspie at all?
Thought patterns. It's not in the retardedness, it's in the way a person thinks. Not only that, but people with Asperger's are able to learn the social skills when they aren't there already, it's just initially more of a conscious effort.

If you want any more than that, I would suggest you get in touch with a clinical psychologist.
Reply 27
Did your parents have to provide any supporting information for you to get diagnosed?
Original post by Tootles
Thought patterns. It's not in the retardedness, it's in the way a person thinks. Not only that, but people with Asperger's are able to learn the social skills when they aren't there already, it's just initially more of a conscious effort.

If you want any more than that, I would suggest you get in touch with a clinical psychologist.

So having thought patterns that somehow differ from most people (somehow) and being socially awkward is enough for an aspergers diagnosis

Seems like the bar's a little low
Having obsessions is seen as a symptom of Asperger's syndrome, is their anything that you're really really passionate about?
Original post by Lime-man
Having obsessions is seen as a symptom of Asperger's syndrome, is their anything that you're really really passionate about?

Sex.
Original post by BWV1007
Sex.

Saddo
We already know
Original post by Lime-man
Saddo

Don't tell me you don't like making passionate love to someone you like.
Original post by BWV1007
Don't tell me you don't like making passionate love to someone you like.

I don't obsess over it, no.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
^^^

did you get diagnosed via the NHS or privately?

Did you have to pay for your diagnosis.
Original post by TheBoredOne
Adolf hitler was a nice guy i believe

It's supposed to be a question. So add ". Thoughts?"
I was thinking this was something related to...

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest