The Student Room Group

Is she trying to whip me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarcyDirksen
Very strange to do this in a restaurant, and your girl was absolutely right. Just saying .....

Why is everyone taking her side for?

So you mean to tell me I was completely in the fault here?

I honestly thought I was going to get some sympathy, but everyone is just berating me with insults.
imo very strange
Original post by RachaelBee
What you did was bad manners and immature, and honestly I have no idea why men have a problem with women paying for food; is your ego really that fragile? I'd be miffed if I couldn't choose what I wanted to eat, that is odd and I'd bring it up with her, but as for the rest of it YOU are in the wrong, not her.

Why am I in the wrong? What's wrong in eating a harmless chocolate bar?

And why does me having a problem with her always paying for my food make me "insecure"? It makes me feel like she's trying to mother me, and I don't need two mums in my life.

Everyone seems to be ganging up on me, I thought she was wrong here, but after reading this thread I am starting to feel like I might be in the wrong.
+1 for you behaved like a child and in front of her parents as well lol.

If they were taking too long have a word with the manager and get a reduction.
Original post by Rub-a-dub dub
Wow! How did I behave like a "prick"?

Firstly she embarrassed me by treating me like a 5 year old in front of her family. Which can feel awkward and demeaning.

Secondly I was really hungry and the food was taking a long time to arrive. What's wrong in having a small kit kat bar while waiting, I am hardly harming anyone or offending them.

You are making this out like I was 100% to blame here, she was also at fault here as well. Calling me a "dick".

It's very bad manners to eat a chocolate bar while waiting for food at a restaurant. It's basic courtesy we're talking about here, and it's made worse by the fact that you were eating with her family. You should have been on your best behaviour. Being hungry is no excuse, what you did was incredibly improper.
The diaper comment was incredibly childish and rude as well.

If you don't want to be treated like a five year old, then don't behave like a five year old. She shouldn't have to be teaching you basic table manners.

And if you don't want to be called a dick, then don't act like a dick by embarrassing the girl in front of her family.

You are 100% at fault here.
Original post by DepletingSanity
As much as it seems a little overthetop the way she is acting, I can understand around the chocolate.. Some people see it as rude to eat a chocolate bar (or anything you brought in yourself) whilst at a restaurant, and a lot of places will frown on it...

Have you sat down with her and talked about it in detail? That is really the best way to go, if it hasn't been done already.

We spoke briefly, but I haven't really had a chance to speak in depth with her yet about the incident yesterday, as her family seem really against her giving me a chance. And are starting to pressurise her to cut contact with me. :/
Are you a woman op or a little school boy?
Well if you're so annoyed by her why don't you just break it off? Go find a new girlfriend who won't pay for your food and snatch your chocolate away from you.

And if she says she's treating you like this because she cares about you then just accept that. You can't just tell her to stop caring about you. And seriously? Couldn't you have waited for the food? It's considered bad manners to eat outside food in a restaurant. It's obviously not gonna take an hour to arrive. If you were starving to death then you could have just said 'I'm starving to death, give me back my chocolate'. There's a problem of miscommunication here. speak to her properly, voice you're opinions, tell her to stop treating you like a child if it bothers you so much. And really, why does it bother you if she pays for the food? I mean come on FREE FOOD! Although i would admit she seems really weird, you shouldn't have made such a childish comment and stormed off. If you want to be treated like an adult then act like one. Talk it out like civilized humans.
Original post by chikane
Are you a woman op or a little school boy?

What you said was just unnecessary, why is everyone ganging up on me, like what I did was so wrong?
Original post by TheMaskedLady
Well if you're so annoyed by her why don't you just break it off? Go find a new girlfriend who won't pay for your food and snatch your chocolate away from you.

And if she says she's treating you like this because she cares about you then just accept that. You can't just tell her to stop caring about you. And seriously? Couldn't you have waited for the food? It's considered bad manners to eat outside food in a restaurant. It's obviously not gonna take an hour to arrive. If you were starving to death then you could have just said 'I'm starving to death, give me back my chocolate'. There's a problem of miscommunication here. speak to her properly, voice you're opinions, tell her to stop treating you like a child if it bothers you so much. And really, why does it bother you if she pays for the food? I mean come on FREE FOOD! Although i would admit she seems really weird, you shouldn't have made such a childish comment and stormed off. If you want to be treated like an adult then act like one. Talk it out like civilized humans.

I don't really want to break up with her, I can't just go and find a new girlfriend life isn't that easy, relationship takes time and effort to build. I just want to work out our issues, but she seems to be over controlling.

And everyone in this thread is pointing out to me that what I did was "bad mannered", honestly who made up this rule?

Yeah you are right having free food is always nice, but it feels like she's tying to mother me.

You are right though, I agree with your points.
Original post by 999tigger
+1 for you behaved like a child and in front of her parents as well lol.

If they were taking too long have a word with the manager and get a reduction.

I can't just ask managers for reductions on food, can I?
Reply 31
It sounds like she's way too controlling not letting you choose or pay for your own meal, but you also acted like a child in the restaurant. The solution to both of these problems is to man up, take control of the situation, make your own decisions and stop acting like a child, and by making your own decisions I don't mean being rude in a restaurant.
Why am I in the wrong? What's wrong in eating a harmless chocolate bar?

And why does me having a problem with her always paying for my food make me "insecure"? It makes me feel like she's trying to mother me, and I don't need two mums in my life.

Everyone seems to be ganging up on me, I thought she was wrong here, but after reading this thread I am starting to feel like I might be in the wrong.

Its not really about the chocolate bar, although its a bit childish and rude , when her parents are there. You cnat see that. You should have ordered a pizza.

Its not about her paying, but then you should have the ability to talk with her and reach an agreement like grown ups do.

It is about you storming out of the restaurant, which makes you look like a petulant child/ prat/ immature cretin in front of her parents. Do you always storm off when you dont get immediate attention? Its lolsome.
Original post by tengentoppa
It's very bad manners to eat a chocolate bar while waiting for food at a restaurant. It's basic courtesy we're talking about here, and it's made worse by the fact that you were eating with her family. You should have been on your best behaviour. Being hungry is no excuse, what you did was incredibly improper.
The diaper comment was incredibly childish and rude as well.

If you don't want to be treated like a five year old, then don't behave like a five year old. She shouldn't have to be teaching you basic table manners.

And if you don't want to be called a dick, then don't act like a dick by embarrassing the girl in front of her family.

You are 100% at fault here.

Okay, so I guess I should probably apologise then?

I honestly thought I was in the right, till I created this thread and realised it was the complete opposite. :/
She sounds like an idiot.
I don't really want to break up with her, I can't just go and find a new girlfriend life isn't that easy, relationship takes time and effort to build. I just want to work out our issues, but she seems to be over controlling.

And everyone in this thread is pointing out to me that what I did was "bad mannered", honestly who made up this rule?

Yeah you are right having free food is always nice, but it feels like she's tying to mother me.

You are right though, I agree with your points.

Well clearly you care about her so there's really no need to complain. For relationships to work you have to give up a few things, but that doesn't mean you completely hand over all control to her. Communication is the key to a healthy and good relationship.

Eating food in a restaurant that isn't from the restaurant is just generally considered rude. It's a general rule made by society. Some restaurants even specifically say not to eat food from outside. Your girlfriend was just helping you out, she was stopping you from doing something considered rude by the general public or else you would have made a fool of yourself in front of her family. Which is what you later on did anyways.

maybe shes's not trying to mother you. Maybe she's just trying to show you how much she loves you. after all 'the way to a man's heart is from his stomach.' (gonna assume you're a guy).

Glad i could help. now i advise you to go speak to her right now and tell her how you feel. She doesn't know she's being over controlling unless you tell her. and unless you tell her how is she going to stop?
OP, you sound a little bit immature tbh. Not horribly so, but she's trying to bring you on and teach you how to behave in different situations. Your best bet would be to listen to her more.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
OP, you sound a little bit immature tbh. Not horribly so, but she's trying to bring you on and teach you how to behave in different situations. Your best bet would be to listen to her more.

Like his mother.

:rofl:
Original post by ivybridge
She sounds like an idiot.

There's no need to be a keyboard warrior, with the unnecessary insults.
x

To put it simply brah,

She doesn't fit your macros. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending