The Student Room Group

history coursework

got our coursework grades for history today and I'm really disappointed as I got a low C, despite being told my source eval was 8/9 out of 10 and the coursework was at a high B which are both now not that high? is it still possible for me to get an A this year as i really need it for uni, (I got an A last year!) the exam board is AQA, and we're doing the modern history course. any advice would be great!
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by nees124
got our coursework grades for history today and I'm really disappointed as I got a low C, despite being told my source eval was 8/9 out of 10 and the coursework was at a high B? is it still possible for me to get an A this year as i really need it for uni, (I got an A last year!) the exam board is AQA, and we're doing the modern history course. any advice would be great!

What % of your grade is the coursework?

What was your total ums from AS?
Reply 3
Original post by BB8
What % of your grade is the coursework?

What was your total ums from AS?

coursework is 20% of the overall grade, and I got 172 ums points in AS.
Reply 4
Original post by nees124
got our coursework grades for history today and I'm really disappointed as I got a low C, despite being told my source eval was 8/9 out of 10 and the coursework was at a high B? is it still possible for me to get an A this year as i really need it for uni, (I got an A last year!) the exam board is AQA, and we're doing the modern history course. any advice would be great!

i'm also doing AQA A2 history. we're doing ireland for our coursework and i'm really struggling.
how have you done your evaluation/ how many sources have you mentioned?
Reply 5
Original post by nees124
coursework is 20% of the overall grade, and I got 172 ums points in AS.

You need 148 points this year to get an A overall then

20% of the overall grade is 40% of A2, which is 80ums

80x0.6 (for a C) = 48 points

148-48=100 so thats what you need out of the remaining 120 ums. This is about 83-84%, so definutely doable :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by KaurNav
i'm also doing AQA A2 history. we're doing ireland for our coursework and i'm really struggling.
how have you done your evaluation/ how many sources have you mentioned?

we were told to evaluate 5 scholarly sources and talk about the reliability and usefulness, so i did this and compared some sources,for example, 'source x was more useful than source y in aiding my research because...'
I finished off with my most useful and reliable source. If you evaluate a really bias source it will be easier bc you can critique it for being one sided and therefore not as reliable or useful.
hope this helped!
Reply 7
Original post by BB8
You need 148 points this year to get an A overall then

20% of the overall grade is 40% of A2, which is 80ums

80x0.6 (for a C) = 48 points

148-48=100 so thats what you need out of the remaining 120 ums. This is about 83-84%, so definutely doable :smile:

THANKYOU, this is quite a relief and it takes some of the stress away knowing that I don't have to get full marks!
Reply 8
Original post by nees124
we were told to evaluate 5 scholarly sources and talk about the reliability and usefulness, so i did this and compared some sources,for example, 'source x was more useful than source y in aiding my research because...'
I finished off with my most useful and reliable source. If you evaluate a really bias source it will be easier bc you can critique it for being one sided and therefore not as reliable or useful.
hope this helped!

Thankyou that's very helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending