The Student Room Group

Cerazette brown discharge

Hello, i was just wondering if anyone has any answers for this or is experiencing the same thing. I have been prescribed a cerazette mini pill and i took the first pill on the first day of my period. I've been on it just over two weeks, not missed a single pill and usually take it within the same hour everyday. However i have been having thick brown discharge for about 4 days now.. i have read this usually happens if you miss a pill or if your period is starting or ending however my period is not due for another 2 weeks atleast, is this something to worry about?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, i was just wondering if anyone has any answers for this or is experiencing the same thing. I have been prescribed a cerazette mini pill and i took the first pill on the first day of my period. I've been on it just over two weeks, not missed a single pill and usually take it within the same hour everyday. However i have been having thick brown discharge for about 4 days now.. i have read this usually happens if you miss a pill or if your period is starting or ending however my period is not due for another 2 weeks atleast, is this something to worry about?

Cerazette does irregular bleeding for i think a third of people that take it, its a common side effect. I dont think its anything to worry about but if it doesnt stop after taking the pill for a couple of months or gets worse then you might want to swap pills.

Latest