The Student Room Group

TSR Prime Minister – AMA

Scroll to see replies

Would you nationalise TSR?
Original post by PetrosAC
You can if enough people vote....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can vote for a liberal majority if enough people vote? How does that make sense?
Original post by Lime-man
I can vote for a liberal majority if enough people vote? How does that make sense?

You're literally nitpicking something I've said out of banter. You're reaching new lows mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DMcGovern
"Do you think that's wise, sir?"
You mightn't even be PM in a few days :s-smilie:

Jesus you sound like a Sinn Féiner! :biggrin:

That sounds more like the SP than Labour acc, replacing Clause IV with quoting Marx/Lenin/Liebknecht :tongue:

I'd be a Sinn Féiner had my ancestors not taken the annoying step of emigrating to England and converting to Anglicanism in the 19th century:tongue:
What's your knowledge and thoughts of the history of the MHOC from years gone past?
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
I'd be a Sinn Féiner had my ancestors not taken the annoying step of emigrating to England and converting to Anglicanism in the 19th century:tongue:

Sure neither of them should stop you :biggrin: sure wasn't Wolfe Tone and the United Irishmen Protestants?

http://www.connollyassociation.org.uk/
:h:
Sure neither of them should stop you :biggrin: sure wasn't Wolfe Tone and the United Irishmen Protestants?

http://www.connollyassociation.org.uk/
:h:

Oooh, thanks for the link, I'd never heard of that before. I don't tend to really comment on Irish politics in general, because I've only been to Ireland once(and not to the North) and I don't want to be a plastic Paddy, but perhaps I should:biggrin:

NB: Anglicans aren't necessarily Protestants:wink:
You're literally nitpicking something I've said out of banter. You're reaching new lows mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

"He's a right slag inne Dave?" - Cockney Dave

:biggrin:
Oooh, thanks for the link, I'd never heard of that before. I don't tend to really comment on Irish politics in general, because I've only been to Ireland once(and not to the North) and I don't want to be a plastic Paddy, but perhaps I should:biggrin:

NB: Anglicans aren't necessarily Protestants:wink:

Ach sure, do a bit o reading up on the subject, Robert Kee, Tim Pat Coogan, and possibly Roger Taylor for the recent war, and you'll be in the know a bit :tongue:

Really? I though Anglicans were a type of Protestant... :s-smilie:
Original post by chemting

Why would anyone ever nationalise TSR?
Ach sure, do a bit o reading up on the subject, Robert Kee, Tim Pat Coogan, and possibly Roger Taylor for the recent war, and you'll be in the know a bit :tongue:

Really? I though Anglicans were a type of Protestant... :s-smilie:

Some are, and some like me are basically Catholic. The Church of England in its modern form was basically created in 1559 to be a compromise between Catholics and Protestants so that there wasn't a religious war in England, so the liturgy is a mixture (for example, before taking Communion you state, among other things, that you believe in the one true holy catholic and apostolic church, which wouldn't be done in pure Protestant faiths) and practice varies hugely - for example, in the church here in Cranbrook that I go to less often than I should, there's a lot of decorations and pictures of saints just like in a continental Catholic church, the priest wears Catholic vestments, most of the talking is done by her, she faces the altar rather than the congregation when saying the bit about how Jesus broke the bread at the Last Supper, and literally every other thing is set to music; but in the church in the next village where I was confirmed, there were no decorations whatsoever like in a Lutheran church, the priest was in her jeans, the altar was in the middle of the church, the readings and stuff were done by lay members of the congregation and there was no music at all.

Even most Anglicans don't really know this stuff though, I only know because I did a lot of research:tongue:
Some are, and some like me are basically Catholic. The Church of England in its modern form was basically created in 1559 to be a compromise between Catholics and Protestants so that there wasn't a religious war in England, so the liturgy is a mixture (for example, before taking Communion you state, among other things, that you believe in the one true holy catholic and apostolic church, which wouldn't be done in pure Protestant faiths) and practice varies hugely - for example, in the church here in Cranbrook that I go to less often than I should, there's a lot of decorations and pictures of saints just like in a continental Catholic church, the priest wears Catholic vestments, most of the talking is done by her, she faces the altar rather than the congregation when saying the bit about how Jesus broke the bread at the Last Supper, and literally every other thing is set to music; but in the church in the next village where I was confirmed, there were no decorations whatsoever like in a Lutheran church, the priest was in her jeans, the altar was in the middle of the church, the readings and stuff were done by lay members of the congregation and there was no music at all.

Even most Anglicans don't really know this stuff though, I only know because I did a lot of research:tongue:

Wow, never knew that, acc pretty interesting :tongue:

Yeah I went to a Lutheran Christmas service in America with some family over there that married into the religion and it was quite weird - they had no clergy, it was like a big band playing and singing, and they were playing Disney's A Christmas Carol every few minutes for some reason.
A bit more like a carol service than mass really :biggrin:

Although the Americans are a bit too happy with their religions - went to a Catholic mass: not much better. Way too much singing and happy-sounding stuff. I sound a bit mad but I wanted it to be more relaxed and miserable. :colondollar: :h:
"He's a right slag inne Dave?" - Cockney Dave

:biggrin:

PRSOM
Why would anyone ever nationalise TSR?

Why not? Taxpayer funded site for the purpose of helping students...

Posted from TSR Mobile
PRSOM

In fairness that's how I hear several UKIP members in my head :biggrin:
Why not? Taxpayer funded site for the purpose of helping students...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that'd only happen if we nationalised the industries first.
I think that'd only happen if we nationalised the industries first.

True.

Not sure how you can nationalise the digital learning student community "industry"...

Nationalise the internet? Or UK domain? Or something :dontknow:

Yeah I have no clue what I'm talking about...

Posted from TSR Mobile

State-controlled TSR? Doesn't sound brilliant.

Original post by thunder_chunky
What's your knowledge and thoughts of the history of the MHOC from years gone past?

Beyond the last two years that I've been involved, not an awful amount. Things seemed much less serious until about a year ago though.

Quick Reply

Latest