The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by RAYZ25
Hello ViolaGK...Pleasure to meet you...I also have unconditional offer from the University of Warwick to study MA International Development..Lets hope for the best...Which part of Kenya do you come from?

@RAYZ25 The pleasure is all mine. I come from Meru County, but currently working in Nairobi. And you?
Reply 161
Has anybody heard from the University of Strathclyde?
Original post by Titi.O

I know of a person that received a nomination message but, not this thread
Reply 163
Anybody waiting on University of Aberdeen??
Reply 164
Original post by ViolaGK
Hi. I am from Kenya and I have applied to King's College London and University of Warwick. I have been nominated by King's as a 2nd reserve student. I am yet to hear from Uni of Warwick. Anyone who has applied to these two universities?

Hi Viola. I was nominated by Warwick and a message was sent to me in early march to that regard.
Reply 165
How do you know if you have been nominated?
Reply 166
How would u know that you are nominated?
Reply 167
Hello.. How does one know if he has been nominated? I have applied to Keele, Aberdeen, Strathclyde and Anglia Ruskin universities
Reply 168
Original post by Titi.O

No. I applied their too. LLM International Law and Sustainable Development
Reply 169
Original post by fembas
Anybody waiting on University of Aberdeen??

yes
Reply 170
Original post by IARC
Hello.. How does one know if he has been nominated? I have applied to Keele, Aberdeen, Strathclyde and Anglia Ruskin universities

Keele would be doing final nomination in a matter of weeks as they have sent message to those they are considering for the final phase.

Aberdeen would be contacting successful nominees as from Saturday 16th April.

From information on this forum, it seems strathclyde has made her nomination.

Cheers
Reply 171
Original post by fembas
Keele would be doing final nomination in a matter of weeks as they have sent message to those they are considering for the final phase.

Aberdeen would be contacting successful nominees as from Saturday 16th April.

From information on this forum, it seems strathclyde has made her nomination.

Cheers

Thanks... You try pass
Reply 172
Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is ongoing. Interested persons should click www.campus.embarkapply.com/mandela/2017/loginnew to apply.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi everyone, I had applied for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship for LSE. I have also been nominated as their first choice candidate and I got an email last week. Does that mean i have successful chances of getting the scholarship? When can i be sure?
Reply 174
Original post by IARC

Hi @IARC The university sends one an email informing them that they have been nominated to receive the commonwealth scholarship award. There are different categories. For instance, if you are nominated as a quota student means that you will be the university's first choice for the award as they present the list to the CSC. If a 1st reserve it means you are number 2. 2nd reserve means you are number 3. To understand better, as a 2nd reserve student in a case where the university has only one scholarship for that particular course, then, you can get the scholarship if the 1st quota and the 1st reserve student reject the offer. I hope this is clear. All the best to all of us. Cheers!
Reply 175
Original post by Pompey4
Hi Viola. I was nominated by Warwick and a message was sent to me in early march to that regard.

Hi, @Pompey4. Good to know. I just realized that Warwick has only 7 places for commonwealth scholarships to be shared among 10 different courses! It is going to be a tough one; aren't they all?! All the best to us all, and congratulations on your nomination. :-)
Hi everyone, I had applied for the CSC for LSE. I have been nominated as a first choice candidate and I got a mail from LSE about a week ago. What are the chances of me getting the scholarship successfully?
Reply 177
Aberdeen hopeful see below message as received.

Dear XXXXX,

I am writing further to your application for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship funding through the University of Aberdeen. We had hoped to inform applicants by 16 April as to the outcome of their application and whether they would be nominated to the Commonwealth Commission for funding. However, due to the volume of applications, we have had to delay this decision. We will update you by Friday 22 April as to the outcome. Apologies for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

Yours Sincerely
XXXXXX
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Administrator
University of Aberdeen
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 178
Original post by IARC

Hope you got a message from Aberdeen?
Who else got this, despite being nominated already?

"Thank you for your application for a 2016 Commonwealth Scholarship.

In case you have not heard directly from your Nominating Agency, this email is to let you know that your application was not nominated to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for consideration. This means that your application has not been considered.

With best wishes,
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission SecretariatEAS Team

Please do not reply to this email"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending