The Student Room Group

Vigil, protest held after Chicago cop fatally shoots 16-year-old Black male

I think the police were justified in their actions but did the media really have to use that picture?

Reply 1
Original post by DinDoNuffin'
I think the police were justified in their actions but did the media really have to use that picture?

I am sure the police have wrongly (or not) shot suspects of all races.
He dindu nuffin! He wuz a gud boy! He wuz gonna go to college! Just needed mo money fo dem programs!
Reply 3
Original post by Mathemagicien
So what? Every time a white guy is shot, the white community is up in arms about that too. Its just the same in this case, really.

Are they? If so do they make it a racial thing?
Reply 4
Original post by Mathemagicien
/s

If that means source then yes that is what I was asking for.
so basically this is only getting attention because he was black
he got a gun out and the officer shot to defend himself
as if that's not allowed? really? we're really saying that criminals can shoot officers?
this is what "blacklivesmatter" is about - not justice for blacks, but painting all white cops as racists when it makes no sense.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BubbleBoobies
so basically this is only getting attention because he was black
he got a gun out and the officer shot to defend himself
as if that's not allowed? really? we're really saying that criminals can shoot officers?
this is what "blacklivesmatter" is about - not justice for blacks, but painting all white cops as racists when it makes no sense.

That is basically what they are about yes. The lies can be heard by them in the above video, lying that he was "executed".
Another thug hits the dust.

If you point a gun at a police officer, you're going to get shot. Not because you're black, but because you're a danger to yourself and society.

" On average, 4,472 black men were killed by other black men annually between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012, according to the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports. Using FBI and CDC statistics, Professor Johnson calculates that 112 black men, on average, suffered both justified and unjustified police-involved deaths annually during this period.

This equals 2.5 percent of these 4,472 yearly deaths. For every black man criminal or innocent killed by a cop, 40 black men were murdered by other black men. The, at most, 2.5 percent of the problem generates relentless rage. And, yet, it is rude-to-racist to mention 97.5 percent of the problem.

The notion that America’s cops simply are gunning down innocent black people is one of today’s biggest and deadliest lies”. "

Source
So he had a gun on him at the time, whether or not he pointed it at the police, which he probably did. Or he was running away from the police, while carrying a gun?

Yeah, the cops should totally have let him go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending