The Student Room Group

Wait for her to call or..?

So here's the deal. I met this girl about 3 weeks ago for the first time. After a few days i called her to meet up but she said she's really busy with her studies (she talked about this for the first time we met, so didn't sound like an excuse, but still). She said she'll be busy for the next few weeks. Almost 3 weeks passed since this and obviously didn't want to push it, but now i'm at a point where i don't want to wait anymore, it would be good to know whether she's interested or not, i though about pushing the thing a little bit so i would get a straight answer, although it's not the best move, i know. What would you do? I really want to respect the fact that's she's busy with her studies, but f**k man..

I'm thinking about calling her and set up something simple near where she lives, maybe bring her some chocolate or something, i don't know. With the line that "it will be great to take a break". What do you think? How would you approach this situation?

I just don't know whether she's playing some BS game and actually waiting for me to call her again, or sincerely not interested. Obviously girls like guys who make an effort to call and try, but i don't want to push it. I also don't want to wait months for pete's sake.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chris_mm
So here's the deal. I met this girl about 3 weeks ago for the first time. After a few days i called her to meet up but she said she's really busy with her studies (she talked about this for the first time we met, so didn't sound like an excuse, but still). She said she'll be busy for the next few weeks. Almost 3 weeks passed since this and obviously didn't want to push it, but now i'm at a point where i don't want to wait anymore, it would be good to know whether she's interested or not, i though about pushing the thing a little bit so i would get a straight answer, although it's not the best move, i know. What would you do? I really want to respect the fact that's she's busy with her studies, but f**k man..

I'm thinking about calling her and set up something simple near where she lives, maybe bring her some chocolate or something, i don't know. With the line that "it will be great to take a break". What do you think? How would you approach this situation?

Lmao, I hope you are trolling

Call her to see the vibe.
I think you should call her:

A game playing whore
Reply 4
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Lmao, I hope you are trolling

Not at all. Why? What better way is there to approach in a situation like this?
Not at all. Why? What better way is there to approach in a situation like this?

Upon first reading that sounded cringy as hell. Don't rehearse lines, just be natural/yourself. And I'd advise against the chocolate gift too. Just trying to save you embarrassment
Bell her up and see how goes. Worst you get is nothing...again.

Upon first reading that sounded cringy as hell. Don't rehearse lines, just be natural/yourself. And I'd advise against the chocolate gift too. Just trying to save you embarrassment

Nah what's wrong with chocolates? lol You're a farmer. You don't understand.
Original post by Cool.nerd
Bell her up and see how goes. Worst you get is nothing...again.

Nah what's wrong with chocolates? lol You're a farmer. You don't understand.

Not something I'd personally offer as a girt to a girl, it's more of a child's gift. Lol nice logic
Reply 8
Call her, but no chocolates or cheesy lines
Reply 9

I didn't mean like a f***king box of chocolate lmao just.. i don't know, something casual.
Not something I'd personally offer as a girt to a girl, it's more of a child's gift. Lol nice logic

Well it was obviously a joke hence the lol after asking about chocolates
I didn't mean like a f***king box of chocolate lmao just.. i don't know, something casual.

Not a box? Then...an unwrapped Snickers?

Just talk to her, you barely know her well enough to start buying her gifts
Reply 13
She's not interested. She would have made time or at least set a date in the future if she was up for it.
Reply 14
Original post by Cool.nerd
Not a box? Then...an unwrapped Snickers?

Do you want to discuss it? I take my chocolate very seriously.

Quick Reply