The Student Room Group

english lit/lang

i passed my eng mock exam with a c and the teacher is still placing me in foundation tier and i will not do foundation tier i just don't think its fair. shes basing it on my controlled asessment which i got band 3s last year and this is not fair shes completely dismissing my efforts and how hard im working but to no avail. what should i do?
Reply 1
Do you have a head of department that you could go to? Maybe get your parents to talk to her?
Reply 2
Original post by luciie
Do you have a head of department that you could go to? Maybe get your parents to talk to her?

No i don't have a head of department. I don't get it because her argument is that it's easier to obtain a c in higher but I got c so I don't understand. As soon as I passed my exam she completely changed her views and is being childlike and not remembering the deal we had it's So annoying because I got a D on the first mock and the second mock I got a c. From the short amount of time given I literally improved and she's still dismissing my efforts. She says my controlled assessment was weak. If I got a c in a higher paper what's stopping me from obtaining a higher grade. I'm so stressed due to the unfairness!
Original post by Jkookists
No i don't have a head of department. I don't get it because her argument is that it's easier to obtain a c in higher but I got c so I don't understand. As soon as I passed my exam she completely changed her views and is being childlike and not remembering the deal we had it's So annoying because I got a D on the first mock and the second mock I got a c. From the short amount of time given I literally improved and she's still dismissing my efforts. She says my controlled assessment was weak. If I got a c in a higher paper what's stopping me from obtaining a higher grade. I'm so stressed due to the unfairness!

You should have a head of department or a subject leader. If neither, your best line of argument would be going to your Head of House, Head of Year or something.

Well, if you take a foundation paper, you can only get a C overall anyway.

Well if you got a C in the higher paper, then you would probably get a D or an E overall since your controlled assessment is very weak. This means, it would pull your overall grade down further if you were to go for a higher paper.

So if you stick with a foundation paper, then your overall grade would most likely remain a C.

I think you've confused between Higher and Foundation. Because you can get a higher grade on the higher paper. But you will not be able to get above a C on the foundation paper.

Are you still confused after reading this?

Quick Reply

Latest