The Student Room Group

How long will it take to learn AS Organic Chemistry?(OCR)

The only part I've got left but I literally know nothing about it :colonhash: So I was wondering how long it will take so I can fit it in my revision schedule accordingly ( I want an A)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by banterlona222
The only part I've got left but I literally know nothing about it :colonhash: So I was wondering how long it will take so I can fit it in my revision schedule accordingly ( I want an A)

Well I'm doing OCR organic chem at the moment and we have 6 weeks of lessons to learn it. So 5 hours a week multiplied by 6=30 hours?. But obviously I will do work to understand and learn it outside of lessons, probably like 10 hours extra say- including practicing questions...? I guess it depends how long you take to learn and understand things.
Reply 2

Spent about 3 hours a week since January on it and finished it just before Easter. organic is pretty huge to do in a month so maybe revise 9 hours a week? Why are you only starting it now btw?
Original post by Abeh
Well I'm doing OCR organic chem at the moment and we have 6 weeks of lessons to learn it. So 5 hours a week multiplied by 6=30 hours?. But obviously I will do work to understand and learn it outside of lessons, probably like 10 hours extra say- including practicing questions...? I guess it depends how long you take to learn and understand things.

so 50 or so hours then? thats fine, thanks
Original post by AAls
Spent about 3 hours a week since January on it and finished it just before Easter. organic is pretty huge to do in a month so maybe revise 9 hours a week? Why are you only starting it now btw?

cheers and because i'm a lazy sh*t
Reply 5
so 50 or so hours then? thats fine, thanks

I would think somewhere around that :0
Original post by Abeh
I would think somewhere around that :0

36 days left till exam, easily doable
Why so many hours? It took me 5 hours of self study to go over organic chem.
Reply 8
Original post by dylan1016
Why so many hours? It took me 5 hours of self study to go over organic chem.

Which topics?

Quick Reply

Latest