The Student Room Group

I am worried about having children because I am ugly and disabled and don’t want them

I am worried about having children because I am ugly and disabled and don’t want them to be like me.

I am 23 and will be turning 24 soon. I am in my final year at uni and due to graduate next month then I’ll be starting a job. After a year or so, I’ll be looking to get married at 25. Now I am worried about what my children will look like because I don’t think I am good looking and also I have hearing impairment.

What chance is there my children will be like me? I feel I shouldn't have children but then I really want them. I could always adopt one but I won’t like the idea that he is not mine.

Also is it a good idea to marry a divorced women who already has children?

Maybe god will forgive me and make my children beautiful and healthy like my wife?

I can’t think of anything bad I have done in life other than masturbate to naked women pictures.

I always seek forgiveness but can’t stop masturbating.

Maybe it was god's idea to make me ugly but why am I so skinny, have a big noise, big lips, dark eyes, white sports around eyes, forehead lines, big and crooked teeth, weird shaped legs and cannot hear properly?

I also never talked to a girl so I never had a girlfriend because the thought of saying hello makes my heart beat rapidly and I don't want to die of heart attack because my family loves me.

Please help, what shall I do?
"What chance is there my children will be like me? I feel I shouldn't have children but then I really want them."

The likelihood depends entirely on the nature of your disability.

"I could always adopt one but I won’t like the idea that he is not mine."

They are yours, you do not need to be biological to be a parent. You would be giving a child a safe and loving home and that is more important than passing on your genes.
It's all about the genes.There are over a million different combinations of DNA so there's actually a small chance your child will have the exact same genetic material as you. So yeah, they could technically be better looking than you, and not be disabled. Also, ugliness is all in the perspective. You might think you're ugly, someone else will see you as beautiful. So you shouldn't be scared of how your kids turn out.

If looks bother you so much then go marry some extremely pretty woman and have great looking kids. :/
Hey man, dont be worried about these kind of things :smile:

Funny enough I read this before I went to sleep, and my dream was pretty vivid.

My "wife" had given birth to twins, but one of them had a birth defect, nonetheless I still loved my kids even in the dream :smile:
(sounds sad, but my depression has lead to dreams about my future :/)

Before you plan to reproduce, it would be best for you and your partner (ATLEAST 2 WEEKS BEFORE, IF NOT MORE) to eat a fully healthy diet, this will increase healthy sperm production (or healthier).
But, thats ^ assuming you have something to worry about, I also doubt its effective for long term conditions.

At the end of the day whatever genes you pass on, I believe you will love your kids :smile:
Reply 4
Calling troll on this one
Original post by Reue
Calling troll on this one

I agree.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I am worried about having children because I am ugly and disabled and don’t want them to be like me.

I am 23 and will be turning 24 soon. I am in my final year at uni and due to graduate next month then I’ll be starting a job. After a year or so, I’ll be looking to get married at 25. Now I am worried about what my children will look like because I don’t think I am good looking and also I have hearing impairment.

What chance is there my children will be like me? I feel I shouldn't have children but then I really want them. I could always adopt one but I won’t like the idea that he is not mine.

Maybe god will forgive me and make my children beautiful and healthy like my wife?

I can’t think of anything bad I have done in life other than masturbate to naked women pictures.

Maybe it was god's idea to make me ugly but why am I so skinny, have a big noise, big lips, dark eyes, white sports around eyes, forehead lines, big and crooked teeth, weird shaped legs and cannot hear properly?

I also never talked to a girl so I never had a girlfriend because the thought of saying hello makes my heart beat rapidly and I don't want to die of heart attack because my family loves me.

God didn't make you ugly because you Masturbate, that's not how it works man.

You gotta rise above it. Confidence is key, you need to learn to talk to women and you'll probably eventually find someone. There are 7 Trillion people in the world - at least 1 Lassie out there has gotta like you, no?
Original post by Anonymous

If you have so many bad qualities, then don't have children. It is NOT a person's choice whether they want to have children, since the children themselves are their own people, not belongings. If you have children KNOWING that they are likely to have many bad qualities and have a bad life, then that is abuse. Simple as that.

Why do you talk like you're going to have children anyway? Who says you have to? Who says you'll even get the chance (not necessarily saying you won't)?
a child's appearance shouldn't be what ur focusing on when it comes to having kids :////

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending