The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
That's certainly better than my first attempt at cookies all the way back in year 8/9. :colone: Good work. Hope they were tasty. :drool:

Does that mean you're an expert cookie maker now?! :colone:
Thank you! They're lush, I had two with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Diabeeeeeetus incoming. ;_;
Original post by Indeterminate
Apologies for the late reply :lol:

I think may help to discuss all of these issues with your parents :yes: Pressure isn't good for anyone.

Are they particularly strict or would they be willing to compromise? :redface:

It's okay, you're free to reply whenever. :smile:

They're rather liberal in some aspects and illiberal in others. I've discussed the marriage pressure with them. They're not keen on marrying me off right now - they're waiting for me to graduate with my BA and eventually do a masters. They're also very encouraging about me finding a partner for myself. :smile:
It's just all the gossipy aunts/relatives/grandmas who won't shut up about it!
I will eventually discuss the religion thing once the time comes. I mean, they're gonna start to suspect something's up when I keep saying no to all the suitors. Whoops. :tongue:
Original post by Mochassassin
Does that mean you're an expert cookie maker now?! :colone:

No, because that was the one and only time I attempted cookie-making. :lol: Wish I was, though. :frown:

Thank you! They're lush, I had two with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Diabeeeeeetus incoming. ;_;

I bet you're not even sorry. :sogood: :coma:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
No, because that was the one and only time I attempted cookie-making. :lol: Wish I was, though. :frown:

I bet you're not even sorry. :sogood: :coma:

Awwww, no, don't be disheartened! I followed Laura Vitale's recipe from YouTube - definitely worth trying and it doesn't even take long. :smile:
It's okay, you're free to reply whenever. :smile:

They're rather liberal in some aspects and illiberal in others. I've discussed the marriage pressure with them. They're not keen on marrying me off right now - they're waiting for me to graduate with my BA and eventually do a masters. They're also very encouraging about me finding a partner for myself. :smile:

Sounds pretty reasonable to me :biggrin:

It's just all the gossipy aunts/relatives/grandmas who won't shut up about it!

Such is human nature :lol:

I will eventually discuss the religion thing once the time comes. I mean, they're gonna start to suspect something's up when I keep saying no to all the suitors. Whoops. :tongue:

Religion isn't really my thing either :five: And my family doesn't really care, which is certainly a good thing :biggrin:

Hope it turns out well :hugs:

Religion isn't really my thing either :five: And my family doesn't really care, which is certainly a good thing :biggrin:

Hope it turns out well :hugs:

:five:
Wow, that's great! Must be such a relief. :redface:
And thank you, but I already know how it's gonna turn out in my head. :ashamed2:
Awwww, no, don't be disheartened! I followed Laura Vitale's recipe from YouTube - definitely worth trying and it doesn't even take long. :smile:

Nah, learning to cook can wait until yooni. :biggrin: Ready-made cookies it is, until then!

And thank you, but I already know how it's gonna turn out in my head. :ashamed2:

Join the club. :moon:

Oh wait, you already have. :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
:five:
Wow, that's great! Must be such a relief. :redface:

Original post by Hydeman

Join the club. :moon:

Oh wait, you already have. :colondollar:

We're all gonna make it :grouphugs:
We're all gonna make it :grouphugs:

PRSOM. :grouphugs: :h:
Original post by Hydeman

Wow... Time to re-evaluate you. :rofl:

Excuse me, don't think I missed this sneaky edit from 50-something minutes ago. :colonhash: :unimpressed: :lol:
Excuse me, don't think I missed this sneaky edit from 50-something minutes ago. :colonhash: :unimpressed: :lol:

In my defence, you weren't supposed to see that. :innocent:
Original post by Hydeman
In my defence, you weren't supposed to see that. :innocent:

*throws defence out of the window*
You were saying? :colonhash:
*throws defence out of the window*
You were saying? :colonhash:

You look wonderful today. :smile:
Original post by Hydeman
You look wonderful today. :smile:

Aw, that's so cuuuu- no. :colonhash:
Lol jk, thanks. :ahee:
Aw, that's so cuuuu- no. :colonhash:
Lol jk, thanks. :ahee:

I've still got it. :smug:

(You're welcome. :tongue:)
Wuuuut, I swear we are the same person?! My dad goes to Bangladesh every couple of months too! And he brings back my grandma's achar, pithas, lots and lots of eggplant/deshi limes, etc. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Mr Naga is just bae. :daydreaming:

Hahaha that's just how we all roll it seems :p:

Deshi limes are actually the best. Fresh naga is amazing too! Even the smell is potent, I always used to wonder as a young child why my Mum used to get giddy over things coming over but now I understand :biggrin:
Reply 116
First time I've been tagged in anything :colondollar:

I shall keep track of this as much as I can! It's a good way to let stuff out though :smile:

:hugs:
Totally didnt clock the updates!!

Will check it out when im less inebriated. Tag me in the next post :biggrin:
Original post by hezzlington
Totally didnt clock the updates!!

Will check it out when im less inebriated. Tag me in the next post :biggrin:

It's cool, no worries. I'm leaving the site forever so no more blog posts. Thanks for reading though, much appreciated.*