The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Business management - Sussex or Aston?

Hey everyone,

My name is Mariana and I'm from Portugal.
I've applied for Business management at Aston and Sussex, and Marketing and Management at Sussex.
I've been looking at the different rankings but I can't reach a decision...Which one should I choose? Aston used to be in the top universities for Business but has been falling in the rankings lately, Sussex has been having some problems with student satisfaction on the other hand...

Since I'm an international student, student satisfaction really matters to me, because I want to have a good experience at uni while being away from home.

I'm leaning more to Aston, but Sussex has better rankings... HELP me pls :smile:
It all depends on where you'd be happiest. They are fairly equal in rankings, with Aston maybe slightly higher. I'd be careful how much emphasis you bear on student satisfaction, as it can be a bit meaningless on a ranking. Consider location
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by TheGrammarGuru
It all depends on where you'd be happiest. They are fairly equal in rankings, with Aston maybe slightly higher. I'd be careful how much emphasis you bear on student satisfaction, as it can be a bit meaningless on a ranking. Consider location

Thanks:smile: , yeah I agree... I think I would be more happy in Birmingham, also I would have better job prospects at Aston than at Sussex I think. I'm just a little worried that Aston has been dropping considerably in rankings, which I don´t really understand...
Depends on the reasons for the ranking drop (not that many rankings are worth looking at too closely), what measures are dragging it down and if you feel that it is important.
Have you been to either to view them as will likely have a very different feel
Reply 4
hi,
I was planning to go for Aston, but was also confused regarding Aston's fall in the ranking. could sm1 help me decide between Asto and Uni of Birm'ham for MBA (General/marketing)??
Original post by mariana_marquet
Hey everyone,

My name is Mariana and I'm from Portugal.
I've applied for Business management at Aston and Sussex, and Marketing and Management at Sussex.
I've been looking at the different rankings but I can't reach a decision...Which one should I choose? Aston used to be in the top universities for Business but has been falling in the rankings lately, Sussex has been having some problems with student satisfaction on the other hand...

Since I'm an international student, student satisfaction really matters to me, because I want to have a good experience at uni while being away from home.

I'm leaning more to Aston, but Sussex has better rankings... HELP me pls :smile:

Olá Mariana :smile: Vens para Sussex? :smile: Eu vou tirar Mestrado em Marketing lá, começo em Setembro :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest