The Student Room Group

I write sexy erotica, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Reue
How many words per average story? What's the pay?

As they're one-shots I tend to keep within 1500-2000 words. I don't have a set pay, it purely depends on how many people want to read my stuff. Every story on the app is bought chapter by chapter, so a lot of followers = a lot of money.
Original post by SmashConcept

I don't even know what the hell that was. Matilda is ruined for me thanks.

Oh and OP, can we read some :sexface:
Original post by Novascope
Tell me about it haha!

Ooh what competition? I didn't know there was one going on.

:biggrin:

Here it is: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3991411
Deadline 22nd April

I haven't posted my entry yet, but plenty of others have.
Reply 43
As they're one-shots I tend to keep within 1500-2000 words. I don't have a set pay, it purely depends on how many people want to read my stuff. Every story on the app is bought chapter by chapter, so a lot of followers = a lot of money.

How much do you get for a full read through? Why did you choose that app instead of other platforms?
Reply 44
Can I read it
Reply 45
Original post by Mochassassin
I ain't gonna switch to iOS just for this - I expect it copied/pasted and inbox'd/Whatsapp'd to me. :angry:

Too long for Whatsapp fam.
Too long for Whatsapp fam.

Attach it as a document, fam. :frown:
Reply 47
Original post by Reue
How much do you get for a full read through? Why did you choose that app instead of other platforms?

Each chapter costs roughly around 30p I believe, but obviously if you're lucky enough to have a decent following who purchase every chapter then it adds up :smile: Well I was chosen by the developers to be a writer. They selected a bunch of writers in the beginning who had big followings on writing websites, and now they're accepting applications from any writers so long as they meet their criteria. I used to write on Wattpad but quit. Apart from Kindle don't know any other writing platforms that pay you as a writer and don't take any sort of cut from you.
Reply 48
Original post by Axel Johann
:biggrin:

Here it is: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3991411
Deadline 22nd April

I haven't posted my entry yet, but plenty of others have.

Ahh thanks! I might give it a shot :smile:

Original post by Goaded
Can I read it

If you have an iOS device then sure thing.
Each chapter costs roughly around 30p I believe, but obviously if you're lucky enough to have a decent following who purchase every chapter then it adds up :smile: Well I was chosen by the developers to be a writer. They selected a bunch of writers in the beginning who had big followings on writing websites, and now they're accepting applications from any writers so long as they meet their criteria. I used to write on Wattpad but quit. Apart from Kindle don't know any other writing platforms that pay you as a writer and don't take any sort of cut from you.

Do you still have some of your stuff on Wattpad?
Ahh thanks! I might give it a shot :smile:

If you have an iOS device then sure thing.

Just FYI you have to keep it PG for TSR lol not very progressive in their guidelines.
Reply 51
Original post by Axel Johann
Do you still have some of your stuff on Wattpad?

Nah I deleted my account a while back. But big following wasn't on there, it was on another writing site that I started using when I was about 16? It had such a huge community back then but it's been pretty naff and dead the past couple years. My account is still up with extremely old drafts of my stories (not worth reading)

Attach it as a document, fam. :frown:

Phone says no...

Reply 52
Original post by Jennie1987
Just FYI you have to keep it PG for TSR lol not very progressive in their guidelines.

Oh yeah of course haha. I don't only just write erotica :P In fact I've only been writing it for almost a month now.

Phone says no...

:indiff:
Alright den.
Reply 54
:indiff:
Alright den.

You shouldn't be reading erotica anyway. It's bad for u.
You shouldn't be reading erotica anyway. It's bad for u.

@Mochassassin :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
mmm sexy :wink: how do I find it?
Oh yeah of course haha. I don't only just write erotica :P In fact I've only been writing it for almost a month now.

Still a shame they decided to not include it, it's just as valid a genre :rolleyes:
Reply 58
Original post by ridiculous123
mmm sexy :wink: how do I find it?

Radish Fiction on the app store, my collection is called Written Promiscuity.
Reply 59
Original post by Jennie1987
Still a shame they decided to not include it, it's just as valid a genre :rolleyes:

I know right! #EroticaLivesMatter

Quick Reply

Latest