The Student Room Group

I have sleep paralysis

I have sleep paralysis how do I prevent this? I feel like I'm actually going to die
Reply 1
Original post by Coloured_Flame
I have sleep paralysis how do I prevent this? I feel like I'm actually going to die

As far as i'm aware sleep paralysis can be triggered by a few things. The one I remember is stress but i believe there are others like sleep deprivation and various medications or other drugs.

The way to stop it would be to eliminate the trigger. That may take a while or not be possible so you might need help from a doctor. I'm sure there are treatments that could help with it.

Do you have any idea what the trigger may be? Have you noticed any other changes or felt unwell? Are you on any medications? Thinking about that stuff may help you work out how to stop it. If it's a regular occurance rather than just one or two episodes i'd go see your doctor about it. If not, i'd try to relax before bed and look online for other advice. I believe it is caused by half-waking and being aware of being awake while still in a dream-like state.

I had one or two episodes that were causd by stress. I've never had any since. Hopefully the same will happen for you.
Original post by Kindred
As far as i'm aware sleep paralysis can be triggered by a few things. The one I remember is stress but i believe there are others like sleep deprivation and various medications or other drugs.

The way to stop it would be to eliminate the trigger. That may take a while or not be possible so you might need help from a doctor. I'm sure there are treatments that could help with it.

Do you have any idea what the trigger may be? Have you noticed any other changes or felt unwell? Are you on any medications? Thinking about that stuff may help you work out how to stop it. If it's a regular occurance rather than just one or two episodes i'd go see your doctor about it. If not, i'd try to relax before bed and look online for other advice. I believe it is caused by half-waking and being aware of being awake while still in a dream-like state.

I had one or two episodes that were causd by stress. I've never had any since. Hopefully the same will happen for you.

Ok thank you and I don't really know what could have caused this

Quick Reply

Latest