The Student Room Group

If you were to disappear, what would the reaction be from...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lord Samosa
My mum, sister and especially my brother would be devastated. I'm sure my dad would get over it. Everybody else wouldn't care I imagine.

I doubt that very much!

I think my would die, my dad would be upset, my brother would be lonely even though he has stated "Why aren't you going to university sooner, GO AWAY, NOBODY LIKES YOU!" :smile:

My close friends would be sad...I don't really know how anybody else would react, I don't really want to know because I don't want to disappear anytime soon! :frown:
Original post by DeadEnd_96
I am literally invisible at my Sixth Form. No one would even notice my absence.

Me too! :frown:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I doubt that very much!

I think my would die, my dad would be upset, my brother would be lonely even though he has stated "Why aren't you going to university sooner, GO AWAY, NOBODY LIKES YOU!" :smile:

My close friends would be sad...I don't really know how anybody else would react, I don't really want to know because I don't want to disappear anytime soon! :frown:

It's very hard to imagine tbh. I just hate the idea of my family being so upset :redface:
Original post by moment of truth
your family and friends?

Would they be upset? worried? etc. or would they just not really care so much? :h:

They'd fully freak, thankfully all my friends and even acquaintances, and esp my family, are very fond of me. Also, it'd be extremely unusual for me to disappear, if my friends don't hear from me for a day or two (once my internet was cut on holiday), the next day I found missed calls, and abundances of messages on pretty much an social medium haha

I don't see how family or friends would NOT be worried? That'd be insanely fxcked if you ask me.

Anyway, this is solely the reason why I have not taken my own life, that and religion.
You guys crying about sixth form, get over it for real get a grip, coz real life full of heartbreaks, deaths, financial struggles and exam stress is on it's way.
I feel liks apathy from most members of my family. I'd like to think my friends would be a bit saddened, but who knows.
your family and friends?

Would they be upset? worried? etc. or would they just not really care so much? :h:

I learnt the hard way back in February after going on a 'secret' trip to Luxembourg. :colonhash:
Original post by acupofgreentea
I feel liks apathy from most members of my family. I'd like to think my friends would be a bit saddened, but who knows.

Well I would be absolutely devastated, so please don't disappear anytime soon. :noway:
Original post by Ethereal World
Well I would be absolutely devastated, so please don't disappear anytime soon. :noway:

I love you. :hugs:
Original post by acupofgreentea
I love you. :hugs:

I love you a lot a lot. :love:

:cry2:
My family would only care if they could use my disappearance as a means to get attention from people.
If i were to disappear for years, and re-appear.. would my natural intuition still be crystal clear?
I 'disappeared' from uni for four months because of mental health problems. My 'friends' didn't even bother to contact me. :frown: If they found out I was dead they'd probably be like 'omg she was an angel, we loved her so muchhhhhh'. :dry:
Original post by Regarding
I learnt the hard way back in February after going on a 'secret' trip to Luxembourg. :colonhash:

What was the reaction?

Original post by queenofswords
I 'disappeared' from uni for four months because of mental health problems. My 'friends' didn't even bother to contact me. :frown: If they found out I was dead they'd probably be like 'omg she was an angel, we loved her so muchhhhhh'. :dry:

Sorry to hear that :frown: that sounds awful and that they aren't your true friends! :hugs:
i know @FullofSurprises would be totes made up
After thinking about this some more, I feel like more people would be upset (than I previously mentioned), including some of my close friends, but I still believe that they would be able to get over it, soon after.
What was the reaction?

Sorry to hear that :frown: that sounds awful and that they aren't your true friends! :hugs:

Their reaction was that I'm a dip stick. :colonhash:

Thanks. :kiss: Yeah I'm gonna forget them and move on. Start again next year.:parrot:

Quick Reply

Latest