The Student Room Group

Are there any old fashion dudes out here...

... who hate letting girls pay for anything?

Be honest.

Scroll to see replies

But after that

What about you, what is your view on the old fashion stuff

Be honest
Reply 2
I'm sure you can find that kind of fiscal masochist on some weird fetish website

But I do insist on paying for first dates even though I am but a lowly unemployed student.
Only if I'm married to them.
Reply 4
Original post by donutellme
Only if I'm married to them.

marry me
Original post by K.C
marry me

You ain't a girl tho, so no goodies for you
Reply 6
You ain't a girl tho, so no goodies for you

why
Reply 7
Original post by K.C
why

Because I don't want my lady paying for me
Because I don't want my lady paying for me

How come?
You're such a freeloader :lol:
Yes. But this girl I am with, is always paying for my meals, and it makes me feel like she's trying to mother me.
Original post by Rub-a-dub dub
Yes. But this girl I am with, is always paying for my meals, and it makes me feel like she's trying to mother me.

She could just be trying to assert her independence. If the lady can pay, why not?
Original post by xobeauty
... who hate letting girls pay for anything?

Be honest.

Yes.
Especially if I'm going out with them.
I feel a bit weird about it, so I'll even do it for small things for girls I'm close with, but if I'm going out with a girl I will never let her pay for anything. Except on rare occasions.

I don't know why but it just seems part of the whole 'boyfriend' deal, I guess :tongue:
Original post by BookBird
She could just be trying to assert her independence. If the lady can pay, why not?

I don't really think that's "asserting independence"?

I doubt it, as most of the time she won't let me choose the meal. And she pays so I feel that I shouldn't complain, but a free meal is a free meal.
(edited 8 years ago)
Umm yes :colondollar:

I've always thought of it as the gentlemanly thing to do :h:
I don't really think that's "asserting independence"?

I doubt it, as most of the time she won't let me choose the meal. And she pays so I feel that I shouldn't complain, but a free meal is a free meal.

I think that being able to pay for your own meal, and someone else's, shows that you are able to sufficiently provide for yourself, which is one means of being independent. You could just try offering to pay for your own meal, at least.
Original post by Indeterminate
Umm yes :colondollar:

I've always thought of it as the gentlemanly thing to do :h:

Aren't chu a doll :h:
Hahaha, nope :biggrin: I believe in the philosophy "start as you mean to go on" and I'd hate to set a precendent that I don't intend to adhere to by paying for a first date. This is 2016, where we have equality and a distain for preferential treatment.
(edited 8 years ago)

That's funny

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending