The Student Room Group

Is it odd to feel you look better nude than with clothing on when wearing scrubs?

I have been wearing scrubs for a week. Just scrubs day in and out. And I shower everyday and I always feel like I look better without them than them on. I have noticed that before though that I generally prefer seeing my body without clothing than with them on. I always feel I look bigger with clothing more boxy and my butt looks ever smaller etc,,,, Is that unusual? I had a friend say the human body looks better with clothing on. But it makes sense for her because she has saggy boobs and she had a kid her tummy isn't good etc... She's a heavier girl. For me I don't have cellulite lovehandles or any extra fat that shouldn't be there. All the fat I have just goes to my boobs and somewhat butt. So for me I don't like how clothing leave the assumption of imperfections I don't really possess. I always feel insecure about having insecurities I don't have. That's something I don't feel when I'm nude though. Anyhow is this out of the norm for women? And also is this the norm for men because it seems men are way more comfortable in their bodies than women?
It doesn't even have to do with how secure you are with your body. It has to do with the fact that scrubs are boxy and not particularly flattering because they're made to be standardized. All the people on Grey's Anatomy are actresses and models wearing scrubs that were made for them. You're buying mass-produced scrubs. Of course they don't look great.
Original post by sjohnson98
It doesn't even have to do with how secure you are with your body. It has to do with the fact that scrubs are boxy and not particularly flattering because they're made to be standardized. All the people on Grey's Anatomy are actresses and models wearing scrubs that were made for them. You're buying mass-produced scrubs. Of course they don't look great.

no but normally I notice I like how I look outside of clothing rather than in them even when I'm not wearing scrubs. But I noticed it even more over this week. Before that time. I had lived at this place where we had shared showers with a mirror nearby. I always felt actually like I preferred not wearing clothing as oppose to when I wore jeans and a t-shirt. I have rather narrow hips so it makes my waist not look as small as it actually is. When I'm nude it's all the truth and I just feel more genuine like an open book.
Reply 3
WTF are you on about? If you don't like scrubs, don't wear them. :colonhash:
Yes.
Original post by asif007
WTF are you on about? If you don't like scrubs, don't wear them. :colonhash:

it's not just scrubs though I notice it with clothing in general. More so with the scrubs. But I notice when I wear regular clothing my figure looks better in the shower nude than outside clothed. I wish there were clothing that made me look as good as I do in my birthday suit. I just feel more confident nude than dressed. Whether it's scrubs or jeans
Original post by Nickierose21
no but normally I notice I like how I look outside of clothing rather than in them even when I'm not wearing scrubs. But I noticed it even more over this week. Before that time. I had lived at this place where we had shared showers with a mirror nearby. I always felt actually like I preferred not wearing clothing as oppose to when I wore jeans and a t-shirt. I have rather narrow hips so it makes my waist not look as small as it actually is. When I'm nude it's all the truth and I just feel more genuine like an open book.

It's awesome to feel better when you're not wearing clothes! It means you genuinely appreciate your body as it is! That's like preferring your appearance without makeup. Kudos on being able to love your body as it is. In this day and age, that's quite the accomplishment.
It's awesome to feel better when you're not wearing clothes! It means you genuinely appreciate your body as it is! That's like preferring your appearance without makeup. Kudos on being able to love your body as it is. In this day and age, that's quite the accomplishment.

yeah I wish I love make up way more than I like myself plain faced. For me with clothing they don't flatter my figure much at all so that's why I feel better without them. Clothing don't synch in at my waist. And some stuff is too big especially in the pants region and waist regions. A shirt is made for most women not me in particular. Im a medium in shirts if it's altered properly. But a medium is made where everything is bigger instead of just the bust region which is what I really need. That's why it's easier to feel like doing away with clothing would me much better. I am also confident that's more to do with the other people's bodies. And feeling kind of blessed. So I'm thankful for my confidence however it's still hard to find good clothing. Or at least equal to how I actually look you know?
yeah I wish I love make up way more than I like myself plain faced. For me with clothing they don't flatter my figure much at all so that's why I feel better without them. Clothing don't synch in at my waist. And some stuff is too big especially in the pants region and waist regions. A shirt is made for most women not me in particular. Im a medium in shirts if it's altered properly. But a medium is made where everything is bigger instead of just the bust region which is what I really need. That's why it's easier to feel like doing away with clothing would me much better. I am also confident that's more to do with the other people's bodies. And feeling kind of blessed. So I'm thankful for my confidence however it's still hard to find good clothing. Or at least equal to how I actually look you know?

Yeah I've got big hips but I'm small on top so I don't really have a defined waist and things aren't always especially flattering. I've got some nice outfits, but I like my body. I also hate makeup and I'm way more comfortable without it, but that's probably because I was always too lazy/broke to put it on so I never got used to it.

But yeah! Badass! Clothes suck and beauty standards suck and if you love your body, that's all that matters!!
Reply 9
I think the solution here is for you to just never wear clothes again, screw society and live for you and if you want to be nude, be nude! Everywhere!
Yeah I've got big hips but I'm small on top so I don't really have a defined waist and things aren't always especially flattering. I've got some nice outfits, but I like my body. I also hate makeup and I'm way more comfortable without it, but that's probably because I was always too lazy/broke to put it on so I never got used to it.

But yeah! Badass! Clothes suck and beauty standards suck and if you love your body, that's all that matters!!

I'm like the total opposite lol. I have large boobs small waistline and narrow hips and and small thighs. But I have a good butt too and broad shoulders. I just think the combination makes me look too thick tbh.
I'm like the total opposite lol. I have large boobs small waistline and narrow hips and and small thighs. But I have a good butt too and broad shoulders. I just think the combination makes me look too thick tbh.

Big butt and broad shoulders unite! In all reality though, we're conditioned to believe that you should have big boobs, small waist and big butt (even Beyonce photoshopped her thighs to make them look smaller) or small-ish boobs, tiny waist and non-existent hips or butt. It's stupid. Bodies vary and that's just what it is.
Big butt and broad shoulders unite! In all reality though, we're conditioned to believe that you should have big boobs, small waist and big butt (even Beyonce photoshopped her thighs to make them look smaller) or small-ish boobs, tiny waist and non-existent hips or butt. It's stupid. Bodies vary and that's just what it is.

Yeah I don't have a big butt. It's just shaped well like not flat. Like a small butt with a good profile shape. Yeah I never had those issues with my body like I am 120 lbs at the heaviest and most of it goes to my boobs so for me it's always just being me. Only issue is my narrower hips and without clothing I like how it looks with my body. With clothing I look too straight up and down imo.
Yeah I don't have a big butt. It's just shaped well like not flat. Like a small butt with a good profile shape. Yeah I never had those issues with my body like I am 120 lbs at the heaviest and most of it goes to my boobs so for me it's always just being me. Only issue is my narrower hips and without clothing I like how it looks with my body. With clothing I look too straight up and down imo.

My weight doesn't fluctuate much but I'm in the 135 area. It's just muscle.
My weight doesn't fluctuate much but I'm in the 135 area. It's just muscle.

My weight normally wants to be between 100-110 lbs. I can stretch it to 120 by binging on church's chicken. I was at a study and ate 3 meals of fast food it made me go back down to 105 lbs. I try to rebuild back to 120 though. Because my waistline stays flat and my boobs and butt just get bigger so I like the biggest and the best :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest