The Student Room Group

what happens if someone is absent from an IGCSE subject exam

I want to know what happens if someone is absent from an IGCSE subject exam. Do they get No Result on the statement of result or it will mentioned
You get no result and take it the following year
Depends however if you have a doctors note. If you have a doctors note as to why you can't attend, you get your predicted grade, if not you'll just be graded a U.
Reply 3
Original post by nazir2529
I want to know what happens if someone is absent from an IGCSE subject exam. Do they get No Result on the statement of result or it will mentioned

Which exam board? For Edexcel the rules are the same as for missing parts of GCSEs, CIE have slightly different rules which I don't know.
Reply 4
Original post by caitlinford3
Depends however if you have a doctors note. If you have a doctors note as to why you can't attend, you get your predicted grade, if not you'll just be graded a U.

Hi!
Thanks for the reply.
I have no plan to submit a doctors note as I want to be absent because my preparation is not good. And I need extra time to prepare for other subjects.

Will this U grade be mentioned in certificate as well??
Reply 5
Original post by caitlinford3

wait really???
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
Which exam board? For Edexcel the rules are the same as for missing parts of GCSEs, CIE have slightly different rules which I don't know.

My exam board is CIE.
I want to be absent because my preparation is not good. And I need extra time to prepare for other subjects.I am worried about the certificate. Will there anything ( like U or ABSENT) be mentioned in certificate that I was absent??

In ours if you miss an exam for a serious reason they will give you the grade that you got in your most recent PPE's
Reply 8
Hi!
Thanks for the reply.
I have no plan to submit a doctors note as I want to be absent because my preparation is not good. And I need extra time to prepare for other subjects.

What exam are you taking? Surely you have a chance of at least passing so i would rather go to the exam and try your best.
Reply 9
My exam board is CIE.
I want to be absent because my preparation is not good. And I need extra time to prepare for other subjects.I am worried about the certificate. Will there anything ( like U or ABSENT) be mentioned in certificate that I was absent??

It is not too late to withdraw if your school will let you.
Hi!
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, because you aren't prepared doesn't give you a feasible reason to not attend

Original post by Milzime
wait really???

yup, of course I'm sure you won't get a doctors note for having a cold, it's more for people who are in hospital with illness & physically can't attend
I missed an cie exam, will i be refunded with the money which i paid for the exam paper?
Original post by farankhan125
I missed an cie exam, will i be refunded with the money which i paid for the exam paper?

No.
What happens if i gave 1 component of a subject which has a 2/3 weightage however i could not give the other component which is of 1/3 weightage because i was extremely ILL…!?
Talk to the cenrte where you took the exams.

Quick Reply