The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do the A2 for an AS Level that you sat two years ago?

^As above, thanks in advance- the A2 would not be a retake as subject was dropped at the end of Year 12.
Original post by couruthim
^As above, thanks in advance- the A2 would not be a retake as subject was dropped at the end of Year 12.

Possibly, although I would advise you to go through the content of the AS again.
I'm not sure whether A-levels have to be done within 2 years?
Reply 3

In principle it is fine, the only limit on completing an A level is the life of the specification. However, as A levels are in the middle of changing specifications it does matter what subject it is. What is it?
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
In principle it is fine, the only limit on completing an A level is the life of the specification. However, as A levels are in the middle of changing specifications it does matter what subject it is. What is it?
It's Economics, which I know is one of those to have already undergone a specification change for first teaching September 2015. However, there will be AS and A2 resits for the old specification until June 2017, it's just that if I sit the A2 in 2017, then I'm not sure if I would be allowed to do it because it wouldn't be a resit.
Reply 5
It's Economics, which I know is one of those to have already undergone a specification change for first teaching September 2015. However, there will be AS and A2 resits for the old specification until June 2017, it's just that if I sit the A2 in 2017, then I'm not sure if I would be allowed to do it because it wouldn't be a resit.

It's not clear how strictly they're going to enforce the re-sit only rules so the best thing would be to check with the exam board. My hunch is that since you've started the A level you will be allowed to finish it.

Quick Reply

Latest