The Student Room Group

Could Boris Johnson become Britain's first non-white prime minister?

Depending on whether you consider Turks white or non-white that is?

Scroll to see replies

wat
Reply 2
Born in the USA with English parents, so non-white lol

But I hope not
His Turkish ancestry is dilute. How could he possibly not be white when he's pale, has blue eyes and has natural bleach blonde hair?
Boris looks totes Aryan :fuhrer:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
His Turkish ancestry is dilute. How could he possibly not be white when he's pale, has blue eyes and has natural bleach blonde hair?

By definition, bleach blonde is not natural.
I think most people would consider the Old Etonian born in New York to be white. He could become Prime Minister if the UK votes to leave Europe. He has a short temper, no grasp of detail and as London Mayor has engaged in a number of vanity projects such as a bus with three doors and a cable car to nowhere. He would be the worst PM since Eden or maybe even Chamberlain.
Original post by sjohnson98
By definition, bleach blonde is not natural.

I'm referring to the colour, it's the same colour as bleached blonde hair, but his is presumably natural.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I'm referring to the colour, it's the same colour as bleached blonde hair, but his is presumably natural.

Am I the only one who can picture Boris Johnson bleaching his hair? :biggrin:
Our very own Trump

Spoiler

Original post by unfilmde
Depending on whether you consider Turks white or non-white that is?

You could make the same argument over Disraeli I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by barnetlad
I think most people would consider the Old Etonian born in New York to be white. He could become Prime Minister if the UK votes to leave Europe. He has a short temper, no grasp of detail and as London Mayor has engaged in a number of vanity projects such as a bus with three doors and a cable car to nowhere. He would be the worst PM since Eden or maybe even Chamberlain.

Why was Chamberlain that bad of a PM?
No

Reason: He is white

Proof: Look at him. He is definitely white.

Race is not the same thing as skin colour. If he has Turkish ancestry that is irrelevant. Every white person has African ancestry (if you go back far enough), doesn't make us African or black.
Original post by BaronK

Reply 14
Didn't realise his Grandad changed his surname from Kemal to Johnson. Boris Kemal doesn't quite have the same ring to it lol.
Original post by barnetlad

Original post by BaronK

Original post by Davij038

Beneath the surface of that admittedly disastrous deal, you will see the Chamberlain was actually a pretty good PM.

There were numerous meetings before where Chamberlain was hugely successful and was the only democratic leader to (sometimes) successfully challenge Hitler face-to-face and get his own way. Something not even Hitler's closest advisors would be able to do.
Reply 16
Ukippers be like "Damn, did you guys know about any of this?"
Reply 17
Original post by Davij038

It makes him a bad PM for trying to avoid another devastating war?
Original post by BaronK
It makes him a bad PM for trying to avoid another devastating war?

We can't judge him on his motivations but only on the outcomes which were catastrophic. Ed miliband by all accounts was a decent and sincere person yet he failed spectacularly as opposition leader. .
Reply 19
Original post by TimGB
No

Reason: He is white

Proof: Look at him. He is definitely white.

Race is not the same thing as skin colour. If he has Turkish ancestry that is irrelevant. Every white person has African ancestry (if you go back far enough), doesn't make us African or black.

Way to completely contradict yourself in one post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending