The Student Room Group

Religious homies: Are non-believers evil?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by IGCSEKid
Hmm I'm thinking you may be a troll. But the law set by god in islam anyway is that there's no compulsion in religion.

Then why is being haram punished?
Erm?.... No, because they're not :/
Original post by RobML
Then why is being haram punished?

It isn't. You should just seek forgiveness in god if you done something "Haram".
Reply 23
Original post by haj101
Erm?.... No, because they're not :/

Isn't the behaviour of the non-religious haram?
Reply 24
It isn't. You should just seek forgiveness in god if you done something "Haram".

And what if you don't seek forgiveness? I don't.
Well I worship Satan. I don't know whether that counts as evil or not...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
And what if you don't seek forgiveness? I don't.

You don't have to seek forgiveness because your not a Muslim....are you?
Original post by Oblivion99
please avoid that reference in the future, i am no friend of yours and stop being equivocal, are you a prophet or something ?

Hi friend :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
Isn't the behaviour of the non-religious haram?

Yes there are things we wouldn't do or we would refrain from doing but that doesn't mean we think non-believers are "evil":confused:
Reply 29
You don't have to seek forgiveness because your not a Muslim....are you?

So God only ever punishes those who believe in and follow him according to Islamic doctrine? That's weird.
Reply 30
Original post by haj101
Yes there are things we wouldn't do or we would refrain from doing but that doesn't mean we think non-believers are "evil":confused:

Haram = immoral. And where do you draw the line between immoral and evil?
Original post by RobML
Haram = immoral. And where do you draw the line between immoral and evil?

We regard some actions carried out by believers and non-believers as immoral. That doesn't make them evil. It's the action rather than the person carrying it out.
Original post by RobML
So God only ever punishes those who believe in and follow him according to Islamic doctrine? That's weird.

God can punish people in this life and in the "afterlife". For both Muslims and non-Muslims. Now before you say am I going to hell because I'm not Muslim, according the Quran we humans should not judge anyone who has died or is not dead by saying your going to hell or your not going to hell as that's ultimately up to god. Only god knows and can judge who is going to hell or heaven.
Reply 33
Original post by haj101
We regard some actions carried out by believers and non-believers as immoral. That doesn't make them evil. It's the action rather than the person carrying it out.

One who does immoral things is an immoral person.
Reply 34
God can punish people in this life and in the "afterlife". For both Muslims and non-Muslims. Now before you say am I going to hell because I'm not Muslim, according the Quran we humans should not judge anyone who has died or is not dead by saying your going to hell or your not going to hell as that's ultimately up to god. Only god knows and can judge who is going to hell or heaven.

We may not be able to say who is going to hell or not, but we can say who is immoral or not because God has revealed to us his divine law through holy texts.
Original post by RobML
And why/why not?

Not just unbelievers. All people by nature are inherently sinful/ evil by nature according to my faith. Hence why we need the sacrifice of Jesus to get us into heaven and to have a restored relationship with God.
Original post by RobML
We may not be able to say who is going to hell or not, but we can say who is immoral or not because God has revealed to us his divine law through holy texts.

Okay so if your immoral..what can I do about it?
Reply 37

Dunno. Probably means I'm evil though.

Make dua?
Original post by RobML
Dunno. Probably means I'm evil though.

Are you low in confidence because if you think your evil that's pretty sad bro :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest