The Student Room Group

Spanish A2 Oral Exam AQA

Is everyone who's taking their Oral exam this month/next month learning all 3 topics in the book? Or going to only learn 2, because obviously only two tarjetas can come up..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L39
Is everyone who's taking their Oral exam this month/next month learning all 3 topics in the book? Or going to only learn 2, because obviously only two tarjetas can come up..

I'm learning all of them. There are some cards from previous years which I would have hated to answer, even though they're from what I would call my stronger topics. I don't want to find myself in the situation in the exam where I have to answer a card which I can barely generate four points for in the one minute presentation, so I'd rather play it safe and learn them all.
Reply 2
L39
OP
Original post by tinkerbella~
I'm learning all of them. There are some cards from previous years which I would have hated to answer, even though they're from what I would call my stronger topics. I don't want to find myself in the situation in the exam where I have to answer a card which I can barely generate four points for in the one minute presentation, so I'd rather play it safe and learn them all.

OK, how are you revising for it? Are you revising key vocab and just advantages and disadvantages from the book? I'm really struggling.
Reply 3

I'm probably going to go over all of them, including vocab for just in case! At least you'll have enough to say whichever card comes up and if you happen to know more vocab for one topic then you won't need to spend as much time on it
Original post by L39
OK, how are you revising for it? Are you revising key vocab and just advantages and disadvantages from the book? I'm really struggling.

Yeah, lots of vocab and different phrases for each topic. I've done most of the previous cards from 2010-14 as a lot of the points can be recycled for similar cards so I find that useful. When's your exam?
Reply 5
L39
OP
Yeah, lots of vocab and different phrases for each topic. I've done most of the previous cards from 2010-14 as a lot of the points can be recycled for similar cards so I find that useful. When's your exam?

Okay, thank you. Have you also memorised your answers for your cultural topics?
My exam is the 4th of May. How about you?
Reply 6
L39
OP
Original post by britmj
I'm probably going to go over all of them, including vocab for just in case! At least you'll have enough to say whichever card comes up and if you happen to know more vocab for one topic then you won't need to spend as much time on it

OK, fair enough. What have you done about your cultural topics? Do you already know the questions for that?
Reply 7
Original post by L39
OK, fair enough. What have you done about your cultural topics? Do you already know the questions for that?

Well I'm doing Lorca; La Casa de Bernarda Alba and Almodovar; Volver and Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios, since we did Lorca in December I'm focusing mostly on that, as I don't actually remember it that well atm... We just chose our questions this week in fact, I know roughly the kinds of questions I will get, e.g. about symbolism, women, the era that kind of stuff. I'm mostly going to brainstorm these key areas and revise like that.

What about you?
Original post by L39
Okay, thank you. Have you also memorised your answers for your cultural topics?
My exam is the 4th of May. How about you?

I know my main points for the questions on the cultural topics, we were given ~130 questions or so in total to answer for them so I'm not even going to attempt proper memorisation :lol: I just hope they don't ask anything completely abstract! Mine's 27th April :redface:
Original post by britmj
We just chose our questions this week in fact, I know roughly the kinds of questions I will get, e.g. about symbolism, women, the era that kind of stuff. I'm mostly going to brainstorm these key areas and revise like that.

Wait, you get to choose and know these topics in advance?
Hey :smile: I'm doing this exam too! :smile: I'm revising all 3 topics and mainly key vocab and arguments- I'm also doing as many past paper oral cards as I can under the time limit writing arguments for both sides!
For culture topics I do La Casa de Bernarda Alba and El Laberinto del Fauno...
MY exam is quite early- April 29th!!
Reply 11
L39
OP
Original post by britmj
Well I'm doing Lorca; La Casa de Bernarda Alba and Almodovar; Volver and Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios, since we did Lorca in December I'm focusing mostly on that, as I don't actually remember it that well atm... We just chose our questions this week in fact, I know roughly the kinds of questions I will get, e.g. about symbolism, women, the era that kind of stuff. I'm mostly going to brainstorm these key areas and revise like that.

What about you?

Oh okay, sounds good. Yeah us too, we have a rough idea of what we're going to be asked. I've chosen Cataluna and The motorcycle diaries. I'm so nervous! Are you on AQA?
Reply 12
L39
OP
Original post by eleanor27
Hey :smile: I'm doing this exam too! :smile: I'm revising all 3 topics and mainly key vocab and arguments- I'm also doing as many past paper oral cards as I can under the time limit writing arguments for both sides!
For culture topics I do La Casa de Bernarda Alba and El Laberinto del Fauno...
MY exam is quite early- April 29th!!

Okay, I think that's what I'll do as well. There's just so many.. Best of luck in your exam! Are you on AQA? Will you get the same tarjetas that I will?
Original post by L39
Okay, I think that's what I'll do as well. There's just so many.. Best of luck in your exam! Are you on AQA? Will you get the same tarjetas that I will?

Yeah I am on AQA :smile: I know I feel like all I've done is cards.. been doing all from 2010-2015 and have like 11 left now...
Reply 14
Original post by L39
Oh okay, sounds good. Yeah us too, we have a rough idea of what we're going to be asked. I've chosen Cataluna and The motorcycle diaries. I'm so nervous! Are you on AQA?

Great! Yeah I'm on AQA
Reply 15
L39
OP
Yeah I am on AQA :smile: I know I feel like all I've done is cards.. been doing all from 2010-2015 and have like 11 left now...

Where did you find them? I can only find a few on the AQA website!
Original post by L39

Our teachers gave us a massive booklet of them :smile:
Reply 17
L39
OP
Our teachers gave us a massive booklet of them :smile:

Would you be able to send me a photo of them?
Original post by L39

Yeah the website only has a few papers :/ ask your teacher for all the papers :smile:
There's no thread for AS?! Anyone pm me if your an as student :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending