The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool uni sociable accommodation

Hi I'm heading to Liverpool uni in September and am currently trying to pick accommodation. I am a very sociable person and love going out and want to make lots of friends. I've heard Carnatic is the most social however I preferably want to be self-catered. What are people's views on the self catered options like crown place?
Reply 1
Hey, i'm a current first year. Im staying in Melville but from what ive heard from people who live in the student villiage i'd try and stay away, they say the food isn't great and the meal times can be a bit awkward/clash with lecture times then you're left with the scraps. Self catered is great, crown is very social, i went to pre drinks there once freshers week and it was party city lol. Melville is great too, though you have to share a bathroom here but that hasnt been a problem (2 between 7). But if you want a proper halls experience crown would be good! I love Melville but its set up like little houses (which i personally love), so it depends on your preference :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by willow95
Hey, i'm a current first year. Im staying in Melville but from what ive heard from people who live in the student villiage i'd try and stay away, they say the food isn't great and the meal times can be a bit awkward/clash with lecture times then you're left with the scraps. Self catered is great, crown is very social, i went to pre drinks there once freshers week and it was party city lol. Melville is great too, though you have to share a bathroom here but that hasnt been a problem (2 between 7). But if you want a proper halls experience crown would be good! I love Melville but its set up like little houses (which i personally love), so it depends on your preference :smile:

Thank you very much for your reply! I was a bit wary of crown place as I have seen conflicting opinions on it but you've reassured me so I think I'm gunna go for that one :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by carlyamelia52
Thank you very much for your reply! I was a bit wary of crown place as I have seen conflicting opinions on it but you've reassured me so I think I'm gunna go for that one :smile:

Great! Just be aware that last year when they gave room allocations out everyone was complaining on the facebook pages saying they had been given accommodation they didnt want, even those who had applied early. Don't be too upset if you don't get it, SO many people rang up and were able to swap cause there were other people that really wanted the accommodation that some people hated! It might run smoothly this year though you never know ha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending