The Student Room Group

Was it the right decision?

Recently, I've been feeling down and unhappy in my relationship. He's amazing and is the sweetest but, after the last argument, it's pushed me back to my depression. And my mindset hasn't been great especially at night. And the thought of me makes me cry. And it lasts for hours until I fall asleep.. been like this for a week.
I care about his happiness so much and I know, I need time to heal and change this. I just don't want to hurt him during the process. He also has things to deal with as well. Was it right for me to ask for a break?
If a relationship isn't making you happy, it's probably right to end it.
Reply 2
If he's amazing and the sweetest, why are you unhappy?
Reply 3
Original post by Darien91
If he's amazing and the sweetest, why are you unhappy?

Because of how he sees me as someone who could be a psycho like his ex and will trap him into a relationship. And it makes me sad because I am not like that, but I just have that constant reminder of stuff he said . And how he seems me that low.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Because of how he sees me as someone who could be a psycho like his ex and will trap him into a relationship. And it makes me sad because I am not like that, but I just have that constant reminder of stuff he said . And how he seems me that low.

If you feel you need a break then you're not in the wrong
Reply 5
If you feel you need a break then you're not in the wrong

Thank you. The question is, am I suppose to avoid him or just be on my own?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you. The question is, am I suppose to avoid him or just be on my own?

You don't have to avoid him, just say that what he said or his actions upset you and you don't feel right in yourself currently, you'd like some space to think. see if he makes an effort
Reply 7
You don't have to avoid him, just say that what he said or his actions upset you and you don't feel right in yourself currently, you'd like some space to think. see if he makes an effort

I told him over the phone about this and how I didn't want to hurt him while getting over it. And, knowing him , he'll give me space. But worried he'll go full ghost. Because he wont be happy about it. But,okay
Reply 8
I think he has his own stuff to sort out if he has said this stuff enough to upset you like it has.

Everyone has a certain amount of baggage but you clear the air. Maybe have the odd argument when you feel like they're treating you poorly because of it.

You can't heal this for him. That's the sucky part. You could be best gf in the world but it wouldn't change his mistrust unless he could process his stuff and actually apply his current experience.
Reply 9
Original post by ~Tara~
I think he has his own stuff to sort out if he has said this stuff enough to upset you like it has.

Everyone has a certain amount of baggage but you clear the air. Maybe have the odd argument when you feel like they're treating you poorly because of it.

You can't heal this for him. That's the sucky part. You could be best gf in the world but it wouldn't change his mistrust unless he could process his stuff and actually apply his current experience.

Yeah, the more reason to go on a break. Don't think I can deal with it as well as mine. Don't want to destroy it because of frustration

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending