The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge, LSE or PSE

Hi all. I've been accepted by development studies from Cambridge and LSE, as well as Public Policy and Development from Paris School of Economics. Now I feel it's very difficult to choose one from these three school. Personally I'd prefer PSE because of its rigorous curriculum and specialized faculties, but it is certainly not as well known as the other two globally. After graduation, I'm not sure if I will pursue a phd; I might go to international organization for work. I'd appreciate if I could get any advice.
How does one turn down an offer from Cambridge?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by Mayhem™

They go log on Track and decline it.
Original post by *Stefan*

*mentally
Original post by Mayhem™

Pretty easy. Cambridge isn't good for people who want a broader style of education and have acceptances/offers from places like that. Also I wouldn't say it's the best university in the world :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Mayhem™

In the past the program allows students choose Econ courses, but unfortunately they changed the policy. Development studies without economics is not very convincing
Reply 6
Original post by *Stefan*

This is in the postgrad forum so, actually, no :wink:

Original post by Casataux
In the past the program allows students choose Econ courses, but unfortunately they changed the policy. Development studies without economics is not very convincing

Hm, I'd tend to agree with that assessment. Still, Cam and LSE have way higher global recognition and would probably be much better for international job hunting. Often just the fact of a degree or the name of the degree from a renowned university is (much) more important than exactly what modules you studied to get you an interview, unless you're aiming at a particularly technical job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending