The Student Room Group

Please help. I just attacked my mother.

Scroll to see replies

Have you ever had a pet? Pets are just as much as family as humans! Violence towards anything-human or otherwise-is never okay and both should be taken equally as seriously.

Original post by mariam687
but this is his "mum" we're talking about..

it seems as though ur backing up the dog instead of the mother.

:frown:
Original post by Student403
Not helpful. OP realises he/she shouldn't have done it and is in instant regret.

It's not your business to judge. Either advise or leave.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Yes at least he knows what he done was wrong and he has a guilty conscience this is one of the consequences of his actions
but this is his "mum" we're talking about..

it seems as though ur backing up the dog instead of the mother.

:frown:

No, I am saying he was wrong but I feel sorry for him and appreciate that he feels sorry and regrets his actions. Him hitting his mother does not mean that what happened to the dog should be ignored.
Original post by Poooky
Have you ever had a pet? Pets are just as much as family as humans! Violence towards anything-human or otherwise-is never okay and both should be taken equally as seriously.

ofc animal abuse is wrong but ur mum is way more important, shes part of you, ygm? that one person who has been with you from childhood and has made you who u r today. being violent towards her is completely wrong.

im not saying that you shouldnt do anything about the dog, take it to the vet asap but the mum is more important..
Original post by Legendary Quest
No, I am saying he was wrong but I feel sorry for him and appreciate that he feels sorry and regrets his actions. Him hitting his mother does not mean that what happened to the dog should be ignored.

and he should apologise from his heart
to his mother.
If it makes the OP feel any better, I punched my mum in the face last week after she reminded me of my stepdad by making lots of snide remarks at me all within a short space of time. :sad:
and he should apologise from his heart
to his mother.

Yes, and he should do everything in his power to make sure his dog is safe. Because his dog is the one in severe physical pain and his dog is the one that needs a lot of care and attention right now. Mum can be dealt with after the dog is safe.
You were understandably angry and just got caught up in the moment, you need to apologise sincerely to your mother. Give her some time as well, and try to do anything to make it up to her.

Take your dog to the vet, and make sure its fine as well
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Student403
Not helpful. OP realises he/she shouldn't have done it and is in instant regret.

It's not your business to judge. Either advise or leave.

Everyone makes mistakes.

i remember this becoming a joke whenever someone did something wrong
ofc animal abuse is wrong but ur mum is way more important, shes part of you, ygm? that one person who has been with you from childhood and has made you who u r today. being violent towards her is completely wrong.

im not saying that you shouldnt do anything about the dog, take it to the vet asap but the mum is more important..

I don't think OP was suggesting his dog is more important but was rather just explaining the sequence of events. He seems to have a healthy level of remorse and insight which is good.
tbh OP I think some of these comments are harsh. Yes you should never resort to physical violence but I can't imagine what I would've done in your situation. Maybe it's because my mother is a therapist but if I did that to her she'd be angry for a while probably but she'd understand that I was feeling healthy anger against her which it's important not to suppress. Apologise and most importantly make sure your poor dog is ok :frown:
Reply 31
Original post by picklescamp
tbh OP I think some of these comments are harsh. Yes you should never resort to physical violence but I can't imagine what I would've done in your situation. Maybe it's because my mother is a therapist but if I did that to her she'd be angry for a while probably but she'd understand that I was feeling healthy anger against her which it's important not to suppress. Apologise and most importantly make sure your poor dog is ok :frown:

It's been proven that anger isn't something that builds up and is released
ofc animal abuse is wrong but ur mum is way more important, shes part of you, ygm? that one person who has been with you from childhood and has made you who u r today. being violent towards her is completely wrong.im not saying that you shouldnt do anything about the dog, take it to the vet asap but the mum is more important..

So you've never had a pet. Let me try and explain why op probably reacted in that way- pets are like children. In this case, the mother ignored the brother hurting their dog which OP probably thinks of like their child! I don't think you're able to understand that. If you had a child vs parents, which would you say is more important?
Of course it's wrong, no one has said it isn't!
Original post by Poooky
So you've never had a pet. Let me try and explain why op probably reacted in that way- pets are like children. In this case, the mother ignored the brother hurting their dog which OP probably thinks of like their child! I don't think you're able to understand that. If you had a child vs parents, which would you say is more important?
Of course it's wrong, no one has said it isn't!

but thats your opinion right? u feel pets are like children, people view them in different ways..
I can't advise about your dog. But as a mum, I can say that your own mother is probably very shocked, if not more shocked than you are, that you kicked her. I'd be devastated if my children kicked me, as it's always been my natural instinct to love, protect and defend my children, from the moment I knew of their existence.

You have some serious apologising to do, and without confusing that process with any recriminations you may have regarding your mum permitting your brother to have responsibility for the dog. Two separate issues.
You should have kicked your brother, I don't care if hes unwell, people who abuse dogs need to be eradicated from the face of the Earth.
Original post by RobML
It's been proven that anger isn't something that builds up and is released

That's interesting. Do you have any studies on this?
but thats your opinion right? u feel pets are like children, people view them in different ways..

People like you disgust me.

I think a lot of pet owners would agree with me, you become very attached to them.
You didn't answer my question though. It's like a tug of war between two things you immensely love.
Either way don't think I'll ever be able to get you to understand :tongue:
Original post by Riyad Mahrez
People like you disgust me.

ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending