The Student Room Group

GET STRAIGHT A*s | GCSEs/Exam Revision Tips! - 2016

Scroll to see replies

Kewl Vid bro. Keep up the good content.
Reply 2

you seriously don't look like you're in year 11 you look like a grown man lmao

Great video! You don't seem year 11 at all, you look 18 haha
What's your predicted grades, if you don't mind me asking.
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
Kewl Vid bro. Keep up the good content.

thanks brudda <3<3 u
Original post by Oblivion99
What's your predicted grades, if you don't mind me asking.

Maths- A*
English Lang - A*
English Lit - A*
Geography - A*
History - A*
ICT - A*
Statistics - A* (Achieved)
Core Science - A* (Achieved)
Additional Science - A*
Extended Science - A*
RE - A (Achieved)
Business - A

anything else needed?
Original post by nisha.sri
Great video! You don't seem year 11 at all, you look 18 haha

woooooooooow ahahha. Everyone says i look young (this was when i didn't have my beard) so maybe it's the beard?
Original post by mariam687
yo gd vid man

ayyy thank you so much for the support <3
Original post by Serkan Marasli
ayyy thank you so much for the support <3

np keep it up x

Great video:smile: thank you for the inspo:h:
Reply 12
nice vid man

your predicted grades are amazingggg fam
Original post by mariam687
np keep it up x

<3
Original post by zanner
nice vid man

your predicted grades are amazingggg fam

I know! but i highly doubt that i would get an A* in the Englishs... And the thing is... i was only getting Cs and Ds last year. I had a great transition :_)
Original post by alishba-rosex
Great video:smile: thank you for the inspo:h:

Ayyy no worries. Make sure you do well this year!
Reply 16
I know! but i highly doubt that i would get an A* in the Englishs... And the thing is... i was only getting Cs and Ds last year. I had a great transition :_)

What changed? Lots have told me that English is natural talent. I've never really had trouble with English (Predicted A*s for both), but some of my friends say they're destined to fail English and I don't know how to help them.

Any tips?

Exactly a month till my first exam, wby?
Ayyy no worries. Make sure you do well this year!

Thanks, you too

Do you mind me asking how to change because I feel like I could improve in one subject I'm struggling in
Original post by zanner
What changed? Lots have told me that English is natural talent. I've never really had trouble with English (Predicted A*s for both), but some of my friends say they're destined to fail English and I don't know how to help them.

Any tips?

So my transition: I never really knew what i was doing with my life until my brother (who is a year older than I am) received his Year 10 GCSE results... Once i had a swift look through each unit... i compared himself to me... the amount of attention he was receiving from relatives skyrocketed while i was there, most of the time, look at like i was a typical 'roadman'... So i decided to change... i work hard every single day... instead of 'cracking' jokes in class, i stayed quite and took everything in. I can home at 4pm every day and worked my ass off from 5-7 from which i took a break until 9 then started again until 12... When exam season came... i worked hour by hour... literally giving myself only an hour of rest every single day (excluding sleep). When i was in Year 9... my useless teachers told me that i couldn't take Triple Science... That i wasn't good enough... so i proved them wrong... No one in my school knew i existed until one day... i was presented with and award for achieving exceptional results. No one sees the training but everyone sees the success... the thing is, training gets you there, well it did for me at least.

With English: I dedicated a large sum of my time learning how to approach questions and spent a lot of time reading newspapers in order to expand my vocabulary. If i were to be honest, my English is not great, last year, i would be lucky to get a C Grade but like i said, i worked hard, and it changed my life...
Original post by zanner

Any tips?

My first exam is on the 18th of May... so basically a month as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending