The Student Room Group

What were Morrison's thinking ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pjm600
It was widespread. There'd be outrage if a pork sausage was found to contain horse or dog meat, which would upset many people if they ate it, same as mislabelled pork.

Not quite true is it. It was a mislabel due to hum error rather than fraud to sell fido or black beauty burgers.
Original post by the bear
x

Hi bear™…

I have moved this over to News and Current Affairs because it's a tad more appropriate (given it's an article :tongue:) hope you're OK! :yep:

Cheers!
Ethan
Reply 42
Original post by iEthan
Hi bear™…

I have moved this over to News and Current Affairs because it's a tad more appropriate (given it's an article :tongue:) hope you're OK! :yep:

Cheers!
Ethan

let it roll !
It was a mistake, just this one happened to make the news
As a vegetarian, it has happened to me, several times.
This one made the news because he's religious. That is all.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Imagine if there was this much outrage every time a British supermarket sold non identified halal meat to non muslims (The meat where the animal is inhumanely and savagely slaughtered in immense distress and pain)

but non-muslims dont eat halal meat so if wouldn't really affect thm in the slightest

If I ate pork Morrison's is getting sued big time from me
Reply 47
Original post by zXcodeXz

sue-it
Haha
Original post by the bear
sue-it

Lol
Original post by sfaraj
but non-muslims dont eat halal meat so if wouldn't really affect thm in the slightest

I think the point they were making is that some people would be opposed to eating halal meat, so for a supermarket to not disclose that it is halal would be a problem. There have been cases like this, I think I once read that Wembley stadium were selling pies containing halal meat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by myblueheaven339
I think the point they were making is that some people would be opposed to eating halal meat, so for a supermarket to not disclose that it is halal would be a problem. There have been cases like this, I think I once read that Wembley stadium were selling pies containing halal meat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah i see what you mean... but personally i think halal meat is healthier and morally better than non-halal (even though i'm vegetarian) but i guess some oppose as they think it will taste bad or somehow magically convert them...

And what would you be suing them for? it was an accident, unless you are claiming it was deliberate.
It was a simple mix up... do you think someone at Morrison's pulled a prank on him?!

He's overreacting.
Reply 54
Original post by sfaraj
but personally i think halal meat is healthier and morally better than non-halal..

Why?
Original post by 999tigger
And what would you be suing them for? it was an accident, unless you are claiming it was deliberate.

Yeah that's the whole point, how do we know if it was an accident they will obviously claim that
Original post by sfaraj
ah i see what you mean... but personally i think halal meat is healthier and morally better than non-halal (even though i'm vegetarian) but i guess some oppose as they think it will taste bad or somehow magically convert them...

I think they're opposed because they see it as a less humane method of slaughter which would be illegal if not done under a religious pretence!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that's the whole point, how do we know if it was an accident they will obviously claim that

So Morrisons are into some big anyti muslim conspiracy and are spiking their products with pork?

Good luck with that one.
Original post by 999tigger
So Morrisons are into some big anyti muslim conspiracy and are spiking their products with pork?

Good luck with that one.

Morrison's isn't one whole there are individual people who work for them how do we know what their intentions are?
I've got things wrongly packaged before, it wouldn't occur to me to go whinging to the papers about it. But then, it wouldn't occur to me to regularly buy a bag of pasties for my family's dinner, so there you go...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending